Looking for advice. Was I assaulted?

Olivier5

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 01:26 pm
@engineer,
It could be a hoax. It looks totally ridiculous, on the face of it. And yet a number of otherwise smart A2Kers have in good faith supported the OP position... Sometime caricature is truer than the truth.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 01:29 pm
@engineer,
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 01:41 pm
@engineer,
Gee Engineer, that is very convenient that you keep bringing up this obscure internet meme to explain away people on your side acting crazy.

Why not just accept that sometimes feminists say some crazy things.
Olivier5

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:07 pm
One of the reasons to be worried about this is that a new phenomenon of boys exclusion from school has been noticed in many countries, eg in the Caribbean. In Belize a majority of secondary students are girls, and they account for 75% of all university students. Same trend was spotted in the US, i read somewhere. The reasons seem to be related to female teachers unable to deal with unruly boys (labelled 'hyperactive' of course... as if being a normally active boy was a disease).

We need to keep a balance in the number of male and female teachers in those education systems, otherwise more and more of that will happen.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Because there is a concerted effort on your side to falsify the position of feminists, to imply feminism means something it doesn't. Operation lollipop is just the latest manifestation. On one of your other threads, I posted an advertisement from over a century ago using the same arguments that feminists are men-hating nutcases when campaigning for the right to vote. This thread is a perfect example of a completely nutty post. A "woman" first tells us how she has a masters in women's studies but couldn't get a job although it's completely non-germane to the thread, then "she" posts the most ridiculous incident anyone could possibly imagine then "wonders" if it is due to the child growing up in a "misogynist household". The whole thread is bait and you happily swallowed hook, line and sinker.
maxdancona

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:27 pm
@engineer,
I don't have a side engineer. I am in the middle. I don't support Nonono's or Hawkeye's positions any more than I support Izzy or firefly's (actually I will support anyone's positions when they make logical sense).

We don't know whether this was bait or not. There are certainly people who support very nutty claims on both sides of these of the feminist/anti-feminist line. There is no evidence that this has anything to do with some obscure group of jokers on 4chan.

0 Replies

firefly

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:57 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Because there is a concerted effort on your side to falsify the position of feminists, to imply feminism means something it doesn't. Operation lollipop is just the latest manifestation. On one of your other threads, I posted an advertisement from over a century ago using the same arguments that feminists are men-hating nutcases when campaigning for the right to vote. This thread is a perfect example of a completely nutty post. A "woman" first tells us how she has a masters in women's studies but couldn't get a job although it's completely non-germane to the thread, then "she" posts the most ridiculous incident anyone could possibly imagine then "wonders" if it is due to the child growing up in a "misogynist household". The whole thread is bait and you happily swallowed hook, line and sinker.

I completely agree with you.

I've been ignoring this thread because "whitebars" seems like such an obvious parody, or caricature, of a feminist, written by an anti-feminist, for the sole purpose of ridiculing, mocking, and distorting, modern feminist views, and generating negative feelings for feminists.

All the proper alleged "feminist" code words/cliches, and perceptions, and positions are there in whitebars' posts, but it's all absurd and very over-the-top--real people, including feminist school teachers, don't talk this way, or even think this way, when discussing a 7 year old first grade student, and one with a master's degree in gender studies would never ask ,"Was I assaulted," if that child touched her breast while she was extricating him from some play equipment, or dub him a budding misogynist who might well grow up to be a rapist. Laughing This is satire, created by some anti-feminist, who isn't even very familiar with modern feminism, and I can't believe how many here have swallowed the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

I'd never heard of Operation Lollipop until you mentioned it. This thread, and the creation of whitebars, as an alleged feminist, seems to definitely fall within that category. Other than the diehard men's rights activists, who are obsessed with trying to attack and discredit feminism, I can't imagine who would want to engage in this sort of nonsense.

maxdancona

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:31 pm
@firefly,
I think CalamityJane is the only person on this thread who swallowed this "hook, line and sinker". Do you consider her a feminist caricature?

Actually, I can give you examples of real feminists who are self-caricatures.... I don't know why anyone would make one up.

On the rape thread Bobsal is now pushing the idea that Christmas is a story celebrating rape. The virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, was inseminated by God... apparently (according to some feminists) without her consent.

roger

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:33 pm
@maxdancona,
I so hope you're right, and that I find that thread.
maxdancona

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:35 pm
@roger,
Of course I am right... here is the link to the start of this little discussion. The article Bobsal links to is a fun read (if feminist craziness amuses you as much as it does me.)

http://able2know.org/topic/257742-71#post-5845392
giujohn

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:41 pm
@whitebars,
[quote]I'm worried that maybe his parents have been bringing him up in an environment where they encourage misogyny. I'm not sure if I should get the authorities involved, but I don't want this behavior to continue. [/quote]

To those who have been sucked in by this obvious bullshit post...this should have been your first red flag clue...never happened.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:42 pm
@maxdancona,
I think that anyone who considers whitebars a real life actual feminist, fell for this anti-feminist fictional satirical parody creation hook, line, and sinker. And that includes you.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Of course I am right... here is the link to the start of this little discussion. The article Bobsal links to is a fun read (if feminist craziness amuses you as much as it does me.)

There is nothing in that article bobsal posted in that other thread that has anything to do with feminism or feminist views. Why are you trying to distort the nature of that article?

You want to deny the fact that rape stories permeate many religious myths--and have for thousands of years? You think this is something feminists just concocted?
Quote:
On the rape thread Bobsal is now pushing the idea that Christmas is a story celebrating rape. The virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, was inseminated by God... apparently (according to some feminists) without her consent

bobsal isn't "pushing" any such idea. Are you nuts?

According to the biblical quote in that article, Mary was not asked if she wanted to participate in the incarnation of Jesus--she was told what would happen to her. That's a problem for you?

And, personally, I consider the immaculate conception of Mary, and the circumstances of Jesus' incarnation, just other religious myths that try to skirt the issue of sexuality, or sanitize it.
roger

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:17 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, fan me with a blowtorch.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:31 pm
@firefly,
lol
0 Replies

Kolyo

Wed 24 Dec, 2014 12:18 am
@firefly,
There were tons of rapes in those days.

Why would it shock people if rapes were written into the stories of the time?
0 Replies

nononono

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 09:49 pm
I would agree, this probably is a fake post. But there have actually been incidents where adults (always women) have charged young boys with assault for nonsense reasons. (There have also been instances where adult women have sexually molested young boys and then claimed that they were the true victims because the boy "assaulted" them. Rolling Eyes ) These kinds of things have actually happened. It's not unlike nonsense like when children are expelled from school for things like making a gun shape with their hands and saying "Bang!"

And the thing is that if this whitebars person is real, her batshit crazy views aren't all that different from views expressed by quote unquote "respected" A2K members. Just look at how engineer for example in this thread is claiming that maxdancona is "falsifying the position of feminists". Never mind all the A2K members including both Max and myself who have posted example after example of the lunacy and hatred that feminists themselves have displayed.

But oh no! Feminism is being "misrepresented" by anyone who disagrees with it. Rolling Eyes Just disregard all the hateful feminists like Jessica Valenti who make fun of male suffering, and call for a lower men's pay rate across the board to make things "equal". Or things like the #killallmen hashtag. Or scientist Matt Taylor being bullied into crying on national TV because of a T-shirt he wore that feminists disapproved of (even though he wore it in honor of his female friend who designed it.)

Face it, in 2014 feminists made such asses of themselves that they were practically doing the job for all of us people who disagree with them, themselves!

firefly said:
Quote:
Other than the diehard men's rights activists, who are obsessed with trying to attack and discredit feminism, I can't imagine who would want to engage in this sort of nonsense.

So I guess according to firefly, anyone who disagrees with feminism is a "Men's Rights Activist".

So I guess famous actresses like Kirsten Dunst, Shailene Woodley, and Kaley Cuoco who have publicly stated that they don't agree with feminism; I guess they're all "Men's Rights Activists" too?

So I guess when British Prime Minister David Cameron refused to wear a "This is What a Feminist Looks Like" T-shirt, that made him a "Men's Rights Activist" too right?

Rolling Eyes
hawkeye10

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 09:54 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
But oh no! Feminism is being "misrepresented" by anyone who disagrees with it.
I am more impressed with "there is no such thing as a feminist view on this matter (what ever it is we are talking about) , there is only right and not right".

The feminists are of course "right", every ******* time.
nononono

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 09:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The feminists are of course "right", every ******* time.

hawk, i was gone for like 2 weeks and there's so much bullshit to sift through on A2K that I missed. I don't even know if I can stomach it all...
hawkeye10

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:05 pm
@nononono,
I thought you are broke working three jobs. What gives and where did you go?