What is Wrong with McD's USA?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:30 am
@izzythepush,
I will take that advice for what it is worth, which means that I am going back to my movie and in 90 seconds I will not remember a thing you said because it was not worth remembering. Brains are only so big you know. Some bigger than others.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:31 am
@hawkeye10,
Google is available. Moa is a mostly extinct flightless bird indigenous to the antipodes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/Emoe.jpg/280px-Emoe.jpg
djjd62

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:33 am
@hawkeye10,
the moa is an extinct NZ bird, think a very large kiwi, FM was just riffin', letting loose, having some fun

you ought to try it some time
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:34 am
@hawkeye10,
Your goldfish like recall has been noted previously.
djjd62

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:35 am
@izzythepush,
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:47 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

the moa is an extinct NZ bird, think a very large kiwi, FM was just riffin', letting loose, having some fun

I am watching American Pie. Got that covered bro...but thanks for the heartfelt concern for my well being. And Izzy just gave me advice, boy I've got the warm fuzzies all over.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:49 am
@djjd62,
Not heard it before, but thanks.

Goldfish accessories have moved on since I was a kid.

http://completegoldfishcare.com/public_html/completegoldfishcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/large-fish-tank-decorations-castle-bridge.jpg

Reminds me a bit of Tintagel, supposed birthplace of King Arthur.

http://www.everycastle.com/images/Tintagel%20Castle%20hill2.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 06:51 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

I am watching American Pie. Got that covered bro...

Let the good times roll.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 10:17 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I hope life is good for you though, I cant see where you have told us what is going on with you these days.
e
I do, periodically. I dont try to speak of my **** unless something entertaining happens (Like my most recent one was where a bunch of us, doing a geophysical sounding using gas controlled g-phones, were "toking helium" and we went into a store and were carrying on some conversations with the owner and other customers. (We had little balloons with helium and we would huff a bit when it wore off. Try saying "Stratigraphic correlations of the Marcellus shale" with a helium voice, you lose a certain degree of credibility

Really stupid and childish for a bunch of over achieving 50 and 60 year olds with advanced degrees.
We had fun though.

Theres two kinds of people in the world.
1. Those that remember everything they are involved in

2. I forget the other one

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 10:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Moa is a mostly extinct flightless bird
Moas are totally and symmetrically extinct, Its extinct real good. Apparently they were really tasty.
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 10:29 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
were "toking helium" and we went into a store and were carrying on some conversations with the owner and other customers.
Switch to nitrous. It'll do ya good. Might even work for Mickey Ds...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2015 11:12 am
@farmerman,
I got the impression it more of an overarching term, but I bow to your wisdom. They're all dead, and those things I thought were moas are not moas, or they're dead moas, or they're not moas but they're still dead anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 01:41 pm
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/business/all-day-breakfast-helps-lift-mcdonalds-out-of-its-slump.html

Quote:
On Friday, the McDonald’s Corporation reported a 35 percent increase in profits in the quarter that ended March 31, an unexpectedly large gain propelled by its decision last fall to sell some breakfast items all day. It was the third consecutive quarter of positive results for the company, suggesting that it may have turned the corner after a painful slide.

Sales in its stores open at least a year grew 6.2 percent across the country, and the important American market increased such sales at a better rate than Wall Street expected.

Quote:
Steve Easterbrook, chief executive of McDonald’s, said the company’s decision to offer some of its most popular breakfast items, like Egg McMuffins and hash browns, throughout the day had paid off beyond its expectations.

And promotional deals that the company offered this year, like McPick 2, also propelled sales, he said in a conference call with investment analysts.

But he also said operational changes, such as retooling the company’s organization to have better insight into individual markets and its decision to commit to sourcing cage-free eggs, were also helping draw customers back to the restaurants and in a way that would stick. “We have a restless energy here, and we’ve just got going,” Mr. Easterbrook said.

turns out our office wasn't the only group that likes the all day breakfast option
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Mc D's, maybe f you served breakfst all day,

a few of us thought this was going to be a good idea
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 01:47 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
and there are a lot of people who only want breakfast from McD's - doing breakfast all day could be a big winner for McD's

they shoulda listened to us earlier
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
You got that right. How many times have I been frustrated when I asked for a sausage biscuit at 11:00 AM/PM
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:25 pm
@ehBeth,
I recall that Hawkee gave us his prog that the "Bekrss all day" would do nothing for their bottom line.

I often get a breakfass burrito as a lunch item when Im on the road. I really dont care for McD's burgers-too greasy. Perhaps if they had a drying pad to sop the grease before they bun the thing.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:38 pm
@farmerman,
Why would I want to fix them, as I dislike McDs.

I would much rather local cooks work up cafes. At the least, that is better for continuation of local recipes.

I considered it a while back in my life, taking over a gas station and providing drive in soup and salads and so on, but sanity intervened, plus a good job. But I remember trying to work that out.
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:54 pm
@ossobuco,
sometimes on a long boring drive on a limited access hiway (To which Ive attached myself when I need to make good time), all they have nowadys is a McD's(they used to have Howard Johnsons but theyre gone).
So, Im choice limited. I used to get a "Mcdouble and an orange juice). It was ok but somewhat of a grease fest. (The ketchup and mustarc and chopped onions did help a lot).
But now, with the many many franchises that have the "all day breakfasts", I can get 2 burritos and a diet coke and actually enjoy a meal. Egg Mcmuffins are also rather tasty.

Too bad Hawkee aint around anymore..

PS, I have (I think) never really considered a restaurant. After reading the posts from Guys like Cav, Hawkee, and Chef somebody , all past members of A2K. I realized that its not something that can be toyed with.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:59 pm
@farmerman,
I sometimes like the kiddie pancake breakfast at McD's but the sausage mcmuffin (with that nice hot mustard sauce) is the best portable fast meal.
0 Replies