Do you support Jeb Bush for president in 2016?

Banana Breath

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 04:47 pm
@2tfx,
Seriously?
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/DAIXIN/LAUGHING%20AT/YouWantItWhenSign_1.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 05:45 pm
@2tfx,
2tfx wrote:
Do you support Jeb Bush for president in 2016?

Yes. I could go for another 8 years of President Bush. I'll likely cross party lines and vote for him in the primary.

2tfx wrote:
My opinion is NOT ANOTHER BUSH, aren't two failures enough?

Hardly failures.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 05:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'm supporting Ted Cruz for the Republican nomination...mostly because the last thing in the world that I want is a Republican in the White House. Cruz seems like the perfect loser for the GOP.

After the 2013 gun control debacle, the Republicans are going to win in 2016 no matter who they nominate.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:38 am
@oralloy,
Im pasting this in my "wish Ida just kepp my big mouth shut when I made that prediction" file, and will resurrect it on Nov 11 2016.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im pasting this in my "wish Ida just kepp my big mouth shut when I made that prediction" file, and will resurrect it on Nov 11 2016.

Good move. My thinking is that normally a reelected president has a bit of political capital to achieve something, and they can use the bully pulpit to get something passed even with an uncooperative Congress.

But after wasting every last drop of his political capital railing at the NRA, all Mr. Obama had left was an empty fuel tank.

He had one shot at immigration reform legislation, and that's only because there are Republicans who want it just as much as he does. But he messed even that opportunity up by rushing a unilateral executive order instead of giving them a chance to pass something with him.

Come 2016, it will have been a long six years since the President got any legislation passed through Congress. That's going to lead to an electorate that is in the mood to change which party is in control over the White House.

I'm predicting that the Republicans will win no matter who they nominate. But I do like Jeb. The Bush family is always a nice safe reliable choice. I'll likely cross party lines and vote for him in the Michigan primary.

I hear that Jeb's son is a rising star in Texas politics. Another 16 years of Bush presidency would suit me just fine.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 08:38 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Come 2016, it will have been a long six years since the President got any legislation passed through Congress.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/262418-2

That's funny.
0 Replies

AlexMacDonald

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 09:21 am
@2tfx,
Unfortunately, i live in another country and i wouldn`t be able to say unambiguous "NO" on a election day.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 11:52 am
@2tfx,
Quote:
My opinion is NOT ANOTHER BUSH, aren't two failures enough?

I could not agree more. Besides, this same Jeb Bush, governor of Florida at the time, used his enormous power to steal the presidency of the US for his brother, George, and this was certified by Katherine Harris, state secretary for elections. She stopped the hand count which showed Al Gore gaining and GWB's lead fading....James Baker, former secy of state under the senior Bush, interfered and took the matter to a *partisan* United States Supreme Court. The American people realized GWB stole the election and as his entourage travelled down Pennsylvania Avenue on Inauguration Day, there were protests galore that Bush had stolen the election. The US should not criticize any other country about its elections until it learns to clean up its own house!

"Jeb Bush Paid By Bank That Violated Cuba Sanctions

The former Florida governor, Jeb Bush, serves as an adviser to Barclays, which was fined nearly $300 million for violating sanctions in 2010, prior to his work there. The Financial Times reported Thursday morning Bush would leaving Barclays at the end of the year.

Below is an excerpt from an article regarding one reason why Jeb Bush is unqualified to be president of the US.

"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush blasted the Obama administration’s decision to normalize relations with Cuba in a Facebook post Wednesday, but in an example of why Bush’s ties to private equity and Barclays could provide fodder for opponents and critics, Barclays (which reportedly pays Bush more than a million dollars a year) had to settle criminal charges for violating sanctions that included Cuba."
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/jeb-bush-paid-by-bank-that-violated-cuba-sanctions#.evqz36BLw
_________

No amount of money could ever dissuade me to change my mind and vote for Jeb Bush. I'm unable to put my finger directly on it but somehow the entire family seems unethical.
farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 10:19 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
well, If someone payed me a million dollrs, Id vote for him. I was going out to vote anyway so its not like I was making a special trip to vote for the douche bag.

No chex, cash only.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 02:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry, Jeb Bush is the brother of the guy who spent his presidency trying to wreck Social Security through "private accounts". And Jeb himself has supported "private accounts".

I don't care how much the media tries to tell us Jeb is a moderate, eliminating Social Security is not a moderate position at all, and so Jeb Bush does not meet minimal standards for me to even look at his other positions.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 08:25 pm
@Blickers,
Hell Blickers, all the republicans want to do away with social security and medicare to placate the 1% who finance their party. not just Jeb.
Blickers

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 10:08 pm
@RABEL222,
I thought so too. However, I have been assured by Woiyo that Chris Christie has said he will stand up for Social Security in its present form. Nothing said about Medicare. I have not had the chance to check out Christie's stance on those two programs yet, but I will.
I have decided this election that I will at least give consideration to any candidate of any party who comes out and says that they plan to keep Social Security and Medicare in approximately their present form. I might not end up voting for them because of other issues, but to get my vote the candidate MUST do at least that, because if they don't, I just stop looking at them.

Therefore, for me, Jeb Bush fails and there is no reason to listen further to anything he has to say about anything.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 06:54 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I thought so too. However, I have been assured by Woiyo that Chris Christie has said he will stand up for Social Security in its present form. Nothing said about Medicare. I have not had the chance to check out Christie's stance on those two programs yet, but I will.

Don't bother. He is my governor...and I can assure you he will say and promise ANYTHING in order to win election...and he will almost certainly not deliver on the promise if elected...unless by accident.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 02:29 pm
@RABEL222,
What I find so fascinating about the republicans push to eliminate social security and medicare are those republicans now receiving those benefits. They want to stab themselves in the back. Weird.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think a better description rather than weird is stupid. What else can shooting oneself in the foot be described as?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2015 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
"weird: Induce a sense of disbelief." Stupid certainly applies.
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2016 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
Been there, done that...
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002137293/5324643385_vader_fight_bw_cheney_xlarge.jpeg
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:36 am
Must be something in the water supply only Republicans drink. In 2012, Republican David Gergen, who served under both Republican and Democratic presidents, (and who therefore can be expected to not be hard core GOP), was actually talking about putting up Jeb as an alternative to Romney.

The Republican establishment is fixated with putting the brother of the worst disaster of a President in anyone's memory. Maybe they figure if they can get his brother elected, it means that George W really wasn't that bad?
0 Replies