Footage of the Southwest in the 30s and 40s

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:29 pm
yep.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 10:57 pm
There was a whole series of photographs done of Imogen when she was young and romping (that's the best word I think) around the high flower meadows of Mt Rainier.

I happened to catch a show of them several years ago, put on by the University of Washington.

I didn't know about her close-up plants and flower pictures. THey are very evocative of Georgia O'Keefe, except for the media. I wonder if they knew of each other?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:56 am
I've come across two nudes of Imogen, one on a rocky landscape and one in grass. I think they were both self-portraits, the one on the grass was for sure.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 09:05 am
You're right,k. They're both self portraits. There are a few others, but I've never seen them on the web. Haven't really looked for them, though.

timber
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 09:06 am
The pictures I'm thinking of had the summit of Mt. Rainier in the background, and she was in a meadow of flowers & rocks, with a few alpine trees. Of course, this was in B&W, but I know the place well. It is timeless and her image was almost like a ghost. Sometimes she was wearing a gauzy white dress, sometimes she pulled the dress off!
0 Replies