No top replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 11:53 pm
[G] Sad
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:00 am
[W] :S

Are you asking for advice? If so, could you tell to us more about your situacion? Normally, I would say 'go for it,' because friendship is the ultimate pre-requisite for a relationship to succeed; and, having gone through lots as friends, there is lots of chance that, as a unit, you'll be stronger; but, this is not true in some circumstances, which we need to hear to judge.

0 Replies

zirknitz

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:32 am
dròm_et_rêve , what are those circumstances? A transition love relationship after divorce, maybe?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:59 am
Hey, Zirknitz; thanks for asking.

Well, one can't really tar all situations with the same brush; but transition to love after the breakdown of another relationship can sometimes be less than wise; because, often, the despondent partner is reliant on the other's pity. Sometimes it can work, but it depends on the history of the friends together. The duration of the friendship comes into account --falling in love with someone whom one's had as a friend for four years is very different than going off with an acquaintance--; but, most importantly, the tempraments and characters of the pair define whether it will be successful or not. But, we really can't judge solely on the cryptic word 'friend,' can we?

0 Replies

zirknitz

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:14 am
Yes, what does friend mean? I have some women friends with whom I would never have a relationship just because there is no attraction, I have also have friends with whom I would, but I cannot call it friendship.
Rather I would call it "dormant love", and it will depend on the situation if it is going to develop or not. Then if the relationship will be successfull in the long run, who know?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:44 am
Pfui... I married a woman who wasn't a friend.

Then I married a woman who is a friend.

I'm happier now.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 03:35 pm
Those who say friends don't make for good relationships tend to be immature. If you only want relationships with people you aren't or can't be friends with, you're really missing something. Most of my experience comes from Wings, and to a lesser degree Cheers.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:23 pm
I agree with you Scoates; well, on everything apart from Wings' being more useful in terms of philosophic relationship advice than Cheers.

O well; Charlene's never going to come back, I'd say...

0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:49 pm
No, no, Drom, you misunderstood. Cheers is far more useful, but Wings is on twice in a row, so I get more exposure to it.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 03:22 am
Ah. Then I completely agree with you; but Wings' being on twice in a row instead of Cheers is not acceptable, especially when your advice relies on it.

It's really doing my head in, now, that we don't know what Charlene's situation is. O, well.

0 Replies