The Game that Nobody Understands Game

smog

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:34 pm
Anyway, I need to get away from my computer for a bit. Cheers!

(Stupid page break. Go back to the previous one for my response, dròm.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:39 pm
I noticed a new page here, so just thought I'd pop in and add to it.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
Here it is, with original formatting.. it's a very sarcastic piece of reporting... I can't believe that I wrote it when I was eleven.

Veritly, Easter, for what is it Good? Easter is the meltingpoint of Bruxelles-sprouts, fatty chocote and ludicreuse homilies; it is like Christmas, without the redeeming Factor of the weather's becoming so dark that one can barely see one's familial members.

My Easter-- started-- with my mother's being, faux-philosophical; it is a trechereuse sight for one to Behold. -'Relationships, are like shoes,' she began, standing as proud as Socrates for her wit.

(They are, indeed, like Shoes, -- if one is not mature, one feels continuously unconfortable in them & needs a new pair. The Shoes-analogy is one that is very Apt fr my mother; -- 'relatioships are like shoes-- I buy into about fifteen on Them, and Wear a new one Every day.'

Beside, always has Easter bored me, since I was little. I remember trying to keep from falling to-sleep by counting begats and heavenlies, etc. Today was not much different. We had a priest whose voice... well... it sount as if his vowels were lodged in the depths of his mucusful nose. I could heare the silence telling him to Blow! On top of this, there was a girl behind me who adorably started to sing 'We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz' whiles the rest were piping out 'Come all ye fidels.'

The priest's attitude problem did nothing to help him against the various idiots there. It seemed as if he had missed the fortnightly lectures on 'Turning Priests into People.' Were not he so weak, his corpa as fledging as my own scrawny arms, he could have won ith seminary Karate.

During both the renewal of the vows and the blessing of the Pizzaorder, idiotic children starting to talk about something childish. He shook, the priest, and yelled 'would you Shut Up???' at the top of his nose.

I was glad to get out of the ultralong mass... I was beaten for bringing a copy of "Julius Caesar" I bought I was supposed to have spent it on something pointless. It's about power and how it corrupts and about the way it takes from one hand and gives to another. We were holding candles for fifteen minutes amazingly. It's funny that candles should be a symbol of faith. If you believe faith is something that drips as it ages until it is nothing; then I suppose it is apt.

0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:09 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
It's funny that candles should be a symbol of faith. If you believe faith is something that drips as it ages until it is nothing; then I suppose it is apt.

Wow, harsh--especially for an eleven-year-old to write. Twisted Evil

But, dròm, you had more skill then than ("then than" sounds funny) most people will have in their whole lives.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:07 am
And old poem of mine that I still love:

"You're in there somewhere"

moon stars dust ice falling
trampling dogwoods and evergreens
but Limbs and leaves don't hit the ground
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:44 am
I liked that poem, Smog; when did you write it?

I guess that I was rather sceptical when it came to anything to which my family were connected... I saw their religion as smiling and still remaining villains...

And I'm flattered Smog...

0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:14 pm
I don't care about what you think you see
The thangs you want to know when you look at me
God knows I done been through and paid my dues
Can't change how you feel, cause it's - all on you-whoahhha-ohhh-yeah
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:14 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
when did you write it?

(Between 3 and 4 years ago, I think.)

A long Borges sentence, from "The Aleph":

"I saw the teeming sea; I saw daybreak and nightfall; I saw the multitudes of America; I saw a silvery cobweb in the center of a black pyramid; I saw a splintered labyrinth (it was London); I saw, close up, unending eyes watching themselves in me as in a mirror; I saw all the mirrors on earth and none of them reflected me; I saw in a backyard of Soler Street the same tiles that thirty years before I'd seen in the entrance of a house in Fray Bentos; I saw bunches of grapes, snow, tobacco, lodes of metal, steam; I saw convex equatorial deserts and each one of their grains of sand; I saw a woman in Inverness whom I shall never forget; I saw her tangled hair, her tall figure, I saw the cancer in her breast; I saw a ring of baked mud in a sidewalk, where before there had been a tree; I saw a summer house in Adrogué and a copy of the first English translation of Pliny -- Philemon Holland's -- and all at the same time saw each letter on each page (as a boy, I used to marvel that the letters in a closed book did not get scrambled and lost overnight); I saw a sunset in Querétaro that seemed to reflect the colour of a rose in Bengal; I saw my empty bedroom; I saw in a closet in Alkmaar a terrestrial globe between two mirrors that multiplied it endlessly; I saw horses with flowing manes on a shore of the Caspian Sea at dawn; I saw the delicate bone structure of a hand; I saw the survivors of a battle sending out picture postcards; I saw in a showcase in Mirzapur a pack of Spanish playing cards; I saw the slanting shadows of ferns on a greenhouse floor; I saw tigers, pistons, bison, tides, and armies; I saw all the ants on the planet; I saw a Persian astrolabe; I saw in the drawer of a writing table (and the handwriting made me tremble) unbelievable, obscene, detailed letters, which Beatriz had written to Carlos Argentino; I saw a monument I worshipped in the Chacarita cemetery; I saw the rotted dust and bones that had once deliciously been Beatriz Viterbo; I saw the circulation of my own dark blood; I saw the coupling of love and the modification of death; I saw the Aleph from every point and angle, and in the Aleph I saw the earth and in the earth the Aleph and in the Aleph the earth; I saw my own face and my own bowels; I saw your face; and I felt dizzy and wept, for my eyes had seen that secret and conjectured object whose name is common to all men but which no man has looked upon -- the unimaginable universe."
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 10:15 am
candy ice pink icicle sparkling fuchsia brilliant rose
0 Replies

Rod3

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:48 am
http://www.gifs.net/animate/alterego.gif
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:50 am
http://www.westernstatue.com/4_planters/P-41_Old-Boot-355.jpg
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 02:16 am
I miss dròm...

Sad
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:04 pm
Me too ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:05 pm
OK, random line of the day ... continuing the game in honor of Drom's creative genius ...

"i aint the cat you saw yesterday
at least i mean by tomorrow i wont be anyway"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:19 pm
So, what happened to Drom?

Sorry, but it's my thread and I can ignore the rules if I want to. Wink
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:33 pm
Got banned.

Next in the Game, Anna Akhmatova:

That was a time when only the dead
Could smile, delivered from their struggles,
And the sign, the soul of Leningrad
Dangled outside its prison house;
And the regiments of the condemned,
Herded in the railroad-yards
Shrank from the engine's whistle-song
Whose burden went, "Away, pariahs!"
The star of death stood over us.
And Russia, guiltless, beloved, writhed
Under the crunch of bloodstained boots,
Under the wheels of Black Marias.

(from "Requiem 1935-1940")
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 10:52 pm
nimh wrote:
Got banned.

What...??
0 Replies

Rod3

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:15 am
http://www.gifs.net/animate/alcheshire_cat.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:20 am
That didn't work Rod, I only see a small, red cross!
0 Replies

Rod3

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
nimh wrote:
That didn't work Rod, I only see a small, red cross!

It did work, it was a Cheshire cat fading to a grin perhaps this is why this is the post that nobody understands.

I have to go now I get locked up at midnight.
0 Replies