The Game that Nobody Understands Game

smog

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 06:43 pm
(Sorry, I was in a rush earlier...)

Now my right elbow has joined the wrist and shoulder in hurting.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:21 pm
Matt's Thunderbird says:
Still, just think of the day before Joan arrived - it was ok
Matt's Thunderbird says:
lol why not? I like it! haha
Let it pass on the side of the road... says:
Acually, it wasn't, because Titcher loved you
Let it pass on the side of the road... says:
so do I-- it looks like Philip Larkin

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:22 pm
Whoever can find the true meaning of the above passage gets one third of a copy of 'Bleak House,' signed by the blind guy from Becker.

0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
(I really want that book since I love the blind guy from Becker, and I think that I am almost making sense of that passge, but I'm not going to try yet.)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:43 pm
I can't believe that those jackasses who got rid of Becker. I mean, that was Ted Hanson's best performance. Ever. Far better than Sam from Cheers, I have to say. The idea of the show, written down on paper, seems weird and unsavourable-- but it works. The problem is that these executives judge things by the former.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
smog wrote:
(I really want that book since I love the blind guy from Becker, and I think that I am almost making sense of that passge, but I'm not going to try yet.)

Do try! If they can make trash look like art, you can make that segment look like a masterpiece Very Happy

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:46 pm
There is a long story that I must tell, which involves two presenters legendary in (small) talk radio circles, one of whom was falsely claimed, one of whom lost his job due to permitting treason, and how they relate to me, how this quest is going on. But, as it is nearing four am here, I shall wait until tomorrow when I can tell you less dormantly.

0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:55 pm
(I have the exact same mindset, dròm. Ted Danson rocked Becker way more than Cheers. And, I discovered that the last new episode of Becker aired on 28 January 2004.)

(Maybe I will.)

(I'm excited to hear that story!!)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:01 pm
(Okay; I'll write it here to-morrow; although, we probably should have some sort of 'digression' thread hidden somewhere random; although this is a cool digression as it is, it's more of an eclectic showcase.)

(Yes! I will send, as a pre-prize, a PDF document; Othello set in Missisippi in the 60s.)

(Danson, I know! My mind shut down some four hours ago.)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:03 pm
Llora la niña al pie del sicomoro. Cantad el sauce: cantad su verdor. Con la cabeza en la rodilla y la mano en el pecho, llora la infeliz. Cantad el fúnebre y lloroso sauce. La fuente corría repitiendo sus quejas. Cantad el sauce y su verdor. Hasta las piedras se movían a compasión de oírla." Recoge esto. "Cantad el sauce, cantad su verdor." Vete, que él volverá muy pronto. (Canta.) "Tejed una guirnalda de verde sauce. No os quejéis de él, pues su desdén fue justo." No, no es así el cantar. Alguien llama.

EMILIA.- Es el viento.

DESDÉMONA.- (Canta.)"Yo me quejé de su inconstancia, y él ¿qué me respondió? Cantad el sauce, cantad su verdor. Si yo me miro en la luz de otros ojos, busca tú otro amante.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:12 pm
(We should be able to digress is as many threads as we want, anywhere we want.)

(A pre-prize AND a prize-prize?? I must win!)

(Classic.)

It's so me, baby.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:16 pm
Wonderful... we are _______ the digressors, which is quite nice Very Happy

(You must. Although I have an entry in already, I'll keep the voting open.)

(Thanks)

Portuguese dictionaries are talking to me-- wouo

0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:23 pm
(I now have a purpose in life, and it is to mess up the productive work of others. Finally!)

(Uh-oh, competition....)

(Very Happy)

"I don't believe in proselytizing!" That's what some people say. But what they mean is... "Nobody believes anything important enough to tell the world."
-some proselytizing literature I got on the subway yesterday

(I must be going now. Have a good evening!)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:25 pm
Laughing

(There is nothing nobler)

Well, it's the witching morning here, so have a good night from me!

0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:48 am
I'm getting excited for two great games, both of which start in 11 minutes--Russia vs. China's in the women's volleyball final and US vs. Lithuania in the men's basketball bronze medal game.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:49 am
How are you going to watch both?

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:56 am
In order to watch both, one must have four eyes. Some local cable proveders rent them out, so I hear.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:01 am
Some quick switching during commercials and boring points should be enough.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:02 am
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 02:20 pm
I am attracted to almost every girl on the Russian women's volleyball team, even if they did only get the silver medal.

Also, Aviēn fascinates me.
0 Replies