The Game that Nobody Understands Game

smog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:31 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
(O, then they're like someone about whom I say too much and too often! Do many people appreciate them?)

(They have found some mainstream success recently, but a large group of people have appreciated them for a few years now. Coheed and Cambria is their name.)

(Nickelback sucks!! Evil or Very Mad )

My sunglasses make me look very cool. I need to go out more during the daylight and show them off. Perhaps today...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:35 am
I'll try to check them out... what album(s) do you recommend?

Lord, I know. (Remember; Fortune slayed us for saying that they were bad.)

A post-it's for life, not just for single-use. Damn stationery abusers! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:39 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
A post-it's for life, not just for single-use. Damn stationery abusers! Evil or Very Mad

Hmm; "permanent posts" something a2k'ers, and fence makers dream of! Cool

[would be a great thread, if a mite 'concrete'!]
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:42 am
("Second Stage Turbine Blade" is melodic and often fast yet fast. "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" is darker and heavier. "Stories and & Alibis" I have yet to hear, although I have been told that all three albums (Stories--Second--3) tell a long chronological story, something to which I need to pay more attention.)

The A-string on my guitar broke a couple days ago; now, there are only the highest four strings remaining.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:42 am
You slay me, Bo Very Happy.

Imagine dreaming about making a permanent post on A2K? Well, I once dreamt that I was on here speaking Turkish (even though I don't speak Turkish.)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:43 am
smog wrote:
("Second Stage Turbine Blade" is melodic and often fast yet fast. "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" is darker and heavier. "Stories and & Alibis" I have yet to hear, although I have been told that all three albums (Stories--Second--3) tell a long chronological story, something to which I need to pay more attention.)

The A-string on my guitar broke a couple days ago; now, there are only the highest four strings remaining.

I'll definitely check them out; they seem interesting...

O no! The A string is my favourite.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:44 am
If walking sprouts is part of being immortal, then just stick my head in the karaoke jar.

0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:47 pm
I just spent over an hour searching for my missing CD. I went through every jewel case, storage briefcase, player, CD-drive, and pile I could find. And still, I didn't find "As Seen from Above." I have the case for it, but not the album itself. It looks like I will have to give up and purchase it again, since thinking about hearing that music so much over the past day has made me border on obsession. But, of course, once I buy the new copy, I'll find the old one; it's a guarantee.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
Pick up the dog doo, hope that it's hard.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 04:05 pm
Willie Nelson is a very cool dude.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2004 08:58 pm
Person: "Wow, you look really good."
Me: "Thanks. I didn't shower today."
Person: "Oh..."
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:06 am
Heh heh heh Very Happy.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:09 am
Can you feel the love and the cherry soda?

0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:08 am
Morning! I am almost on a normal schedule today.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:13 am
Hey, Smog! It's evening here. How is everything?

0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:31 am
I'm okay. Got a job today, going out of town tomorrow, drinking coffee now. Not bad, although, I'd actually rather stay here, but I have aging relatives whom I need to visit. Plus, I believe that the house up there still needs a bit of cleaning...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:34 am
How often do you see these relatives? (Did you have an interview or something?)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:34 am
Piece me together with a gravel purée

0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:47 am
(Not very often. And nope, no interview, just lucky connections.)

In searching my room, I found a bottle cap for a free 20-ounce Coke! The offer expired over two-and-a-half years ago, though. Oh well.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
I've never met someone like that. But I swear I'll always remember till the day I die my grandfather Aniceto. He died when I was 6, in 1990. He also had alzheimers, so I didn't have much time to know him well. Yet, I'll always remember the stories he told me when I was a little child, about the Spanish Civil War. He used to be Frigate Captain, on the Republic's side. 'A always repeated the same story on how he downed three Messerschmitt fighters with his own hands controlling the front machine gun of his ship... And I remember the look in his eyes when he told that war stories... It was like he remembered what he was; and it was sad, being old and spending his last days reading books, listening to Vivaldi, and cooking (he loved to cook.) Yet I must admit that he was a severe and rude man, but he had many things to tell. I guess I'll always remember him because of two things. first, that box my grandmother keeps that contains his captain uniform - white and blue - from the Navy.. his sword of captain... one of those pistols from the 20s, and also a a half burnt old flag of the Spanish Republic which he rescued from his sinking ship, just after having downed the three German fighters. Secondly, he taught me there's always a reason to fight for what you believe in, just like he fought for the fair republic he believed in...

0 Replies