How can I stop wanting guys to look at my body?

Wilso

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:36 pm
Afraid I don't get the "catfish" reference. Global nature of the forum and all that!
roger

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:38 pm
@Wilso,
Kind of foreign in New Mexico as well.
Germlat

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 06:52 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Afraid I don't get the "catfish" reference. Global nature of the forum and all that!

No....it has nothing to do with nature Laughing . It's someone who presents a false identity online for purposes of attracting the opposite sex or initiating a romance. For example a 50 year-old, 400 pound woman, pretending to be 27, fit, pretty and vulnerable.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 06:53 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Kind of foreign in New Mexico as well.

It's in the Urban Dictionary...look up catfish.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 07:33 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Her and a couple of billion others.

Indeed... :-)
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 02:06 pm
@Olivier5,
I am thinking you are not the brightest in a family? Choosing alias like IWanttobeclosertogod - you making post that nothing but sexual.

Maybe your eyes project such brainlessness that figure doesn't matter anymore? I hope your next post will not be about masturbation.
Josie Burness

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:46 pm
@Wilso,
I agree. God created sexuality so enjoy it. Unfortunately most churches make us hate our bodies and feel guilty about sex. @IwanttobeclosertoGod - ask God to give you revelation on this topic. You may be lacking some self esteem too that needs to be filled. Love to you, from a sister in Christ 😀😀
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 10:25 am
@Eliusa,
OMG, Olivier, you get I wasn't talking to you but OP?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:26 am
Quote:
How can I stop wanting guys to look at my body?

Amputation? Lobotomy? Coma?
Eliusa

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:13 pm
@thack45,
Or if you can caught a few and lock them up without food and water - in a minute you walk in with a glassful - all eyes are on you! Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 10:18 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
...it always will get stiffer and stiffer...depending on the clientele.
I am in firm agreement.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 10:43 am
@Germlat,
I was well indoctrinated in my youth that having impure thoughts was a sin.. much less dressing to attract a guy looking.

Luckily, life got better..

I'm no catfish.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 11:44 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
IWantToBeCloserToGod wrote:

I'm a 19 year old female and I struggle with wanting guys to notice my body. I don't wear clothes that reveal skin but sometimes I wear clothes that flatter my figure hoping they'll notice. Even in church I want them to notice me sometimes. Girls have often complimented or paid attention to my figure but guys not so much, which I want more of. I feel wrong for thinking like this because lusting after people is sinful and I don't want to lead guys to sin, but at the same time I feel like I'm not attractive if guys don't look at my body or lust after me. I know people say that if guys look at girls in that way then it's treating her like a sexual object, but I'd find that quite flattering. When girls complain about getting that attention I think they're lucky they get it. Do any other Christian girls feel like this (or guys wanting girls to look at their bodies)? And even if you don't, could you give me any advice on how to stop feeling like this? Thanks! Smile

I would say good or bad things to you here. You wanting women to look at your body is the same class of seeking and is less sinful than you might think I think you assume. I don't think your question is about that. I think you want to know how to verbally master the mindset that tells another person, a specific type of person, that you know you are in demand and that you feel nothing about it as compared to who and what they are...and thus relent with your attitude. Something like that. It is not a sin. You want to be closer because he made you and you must consider that.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 22 May, 2022 08:51 pm
@IWantToBeCloserToGod,
Well...... you can not hide what god gave you and should be proud and flaunt it while taking the attention. Otherwise.
1. Dress up in a suit ( power suit ) or those suits models wear. All diked up in her super suit. That is what this girl who was into modeling was doing in my HS. I also see tons of women with various suits, some that are reflective while others are one pieces they can slip and slip out of.
2. Do not wear makeup.
3. Make your hair in one. Like with the clips after you get it washed and blown. Guys look away.
4. Walk around in a hoodie top and bottom, with no skin showing. Again a model I went to college with did that. Most people did that going to and from work just wanting to be left alone.
5. Wear a dirka and or dress like a nun. Literally the top piece to hide your heard. It is summer why not do this and stay cool.
6. Wear a moomoo, or whatever clowns put on.
7. Dress like a clown with a suit. Nobody will care and you could be silly all the while.
0 Replies