Another bush-haired intruder?

Letty

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:59 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/01/04/missing.woman/index.html

Sam Shepherd and "The Fugitive" have been long gone. What are your predictions on this one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,431 • Replies: 9
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:15 pm
I've been halfway watching this story develop ... its been getting increasing media attention. Conventional wisdom points to a freind or family member, and in this sort of case, you've got to like the husband as the perp just on number theory. It seems not to apply, so far, anyway, in this case, but his story may be a bit fishy. In any event, it looks bleak for Laci Peterson, and promises plenty of media attention to come. It is a tragedy; I hope it does not remain a mystery.

timber
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:54 pm
Hi,Timber,

Yes, media attention....Sometimes good, sometimes bad. In spite of the fact that I don't cotton to the word,"closure" we all need it. Even in e-mails that have been on-going, the ones that suddenly cease, there needs to be some sort of indication that all is well, don't you think? . Let us hope that that young and vibrant woman will reappear, unscathed and unharmed.

Pax
from Florida
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:11 pm
I share your sentimnet, Letty, but not your optimism. I assume the woman is dead (and her unborn child), and I suspect by horrible manner. These things don't often work out otherwise. After much more than 96 hours, a "Missing Person" is vanishingly unlikely to turn up hale and hearty. A freind lives in Modesto, and we've discussed more the attention the case has been getting than the case itself. It is a tragic, heartrending story, surrounded by questions. The public at large stands in line to buy tickets to watch such fare on a movie screen, and enjoy receiving similar entertainment delivered free into their livingrooms. The public is less inclined to forget its movie stars than the real people whose real agony is delivered to us daily, often in real time. There is real tragedy in that, too.

timber
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:18 pm
I know. "full many a flower is born to blush unseen, and waste its sweetness on the desert air." Thomas Gray.

Goonight.

from Florida
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:29 pm
Doesn't look good for the husband, does it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 05:35 pm
I'm not too surprised. Numbers Theory, and all that.

timber
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 10:15 am
Well, another new angle--Do you suppose that Laci was kidnapped for the child that she was carrying? Shocked

In spite of the world situation, I still think about that young woman.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 10:18 am
Letty:

I was thinking of that too. Do you remember the 8 month pregnant woman in CHicago, who was killed and the baby stolen from her uterus?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 10:59 am
Hey, New Haven,

No, I don't remember that particular case, but the thought of such a heinous act leaves me speechless.
0 Replies