Philadelphia To Air TV Ads To Attract Gay Travelers

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:36 pm
CNN ran the ad this morning. It's well done and if it's successful, is a brilliant marketing idea. If this ad brings positive results, I think other American cities will follow suit. Way to go Philly!

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/8818398.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 961 • Replies: 7
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
I've been thinking all along that Nevada should legalize gay marriage. Can you imagine the money they could rake in?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
Massachusetts HAS legalized gay marraige but I don't hear the politicians talking about the financial gail. Why is that?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 12:55 pm
Um, cuz it ain't Nevada? Weird weddings is already huge business there -- the infrastructure's already in place.

And Siegfried would be so happy.
0 Replies

booklover

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
As someone who leaves in the Greater Philadelphia area, I am fairly amazed by this. We usually don't think of our city as being that gay-friendly, although it has gotten more so in the past few years.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:13 pm
doglover, you link has stretched the page. If you use the "URL" botton on the posting page (you can edit the post), you can provide a short descriptive line to replace the long address.

The USSC not stepping in to stop the gay marriages has paved the way -- I would imagine Nevada wanting to accept the marriages.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:19 pm
nickfun, i think part of the reason mass. has not touted how gay marriage could improve the economy is because, despite this progressive decision, they're still living on remnants of puritanism. nevada, on the other hand....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:45 am
The Orbitz gay travel ads have been on California TV for nealry a year.
0 Replies