Hebrew-English Dictionary

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:22 pm
Can anybody tell me where to find a good online Hebrew-English English-Hebrew dictionary? I have been to www.morfix.com., and its good but alot of the time the site is down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 18,389 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:15 pm
Try this
google likes it the most...
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 04:58 am
This is a good place to look for any dictionary:
http://www.yourdictionary.com

and this is for Hebrew in particular:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/languages/afroasia.html#hebrew

If you need something specific, just ask. You got a human translator here as well Wink .

Edit (Moderator): Link removed
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:12 pm
Hebrew looks really fascinating. That also accounts for Arabic. Maybe I should study a Semite language?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:22 pm
Well, you can download the online dictionary from the www.babylon.com site. It is not free, but it provides a user interface for translations from different languages into different languages. Its Hebrew vocabulary is especially rich since the Babylon company is owned by the Israeli businessmen. But the other glossaries are good as well. It is not an advertisement, I just share my experience of usage of this facility.
You can translate words by either typing them in the window, or by right-clicking (with Alt or Ctrl) the word on the Web page.
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 11:11 pm
Galilite wrote:
Edit (Moderator): Link removed
Whoops, sorry. In my defense - it wasn't commercial, and it was somehow relevant to the question.
0 Replies

Jed

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2004 03:49 pm
Ma Kora, I think
Im not sure if its ma kora, or ma kore, but I get that question a lot, probably because of my online name at some places. I am guessing it means where are you from. But I'm not sure. Could I get a translation?

Thank you.
0 Replies

The Raven

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:04 am
Re: Ma Kora, I think
Jed wrote:
Im not sure if its ma kora, or ma kore, but I get that question a lot, probably because of my online name at some places. I am guessing it means where are you from. But I'm not sure. Could I get a translation?

Thank you.

"Ma kore" is correct (pronounced MAH ko-REH). Literally it means 'what's happening', as in 'what are the events occuring right now', though in the spoken language it's more of 'what's up'.

Satisfactory?
0 Replies

k-lo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 06:29 am
and would you mind if I asked what does it mean?
it is on mine friends' computer desktop...

עליזות כמו כןאהבה הכי גדול שלי זהו שפן
0 Replies

kadardur

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 04:12 am
I m looking for a good, free, online, page translator
from hebrew to english.
all the translators I found waz limited in space, or you need to order the software by mail etc.

thank you.
0 Replies