What do you think of Barbara Streisand?

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:57 pm
I wasn't sure what forum this would go into, so this looks as good as any. I can't stand Barbara, but I remember her when she first started her movie career, and she was pretty funny. I even thought she was somewhat sexy in that movie, "what's up doc" with Ryan O'Neil.

But now she has turned into a hideous, arrogant gasbag in my opinion.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,487 • Replies: 84
No top replies

doglover

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 05:15 pm
I think BS (initials are appropriate) has a beautiful singing voice, an obnoxious New York accent, is a good actress, is dogface ugly, her radical political views suck and she marries dorky men (Eliot Gould and James Brolin).
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:12 pm
she has a great voice, but she's become too precious. a real prima-donna turned caricature.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:22 pm
Okay, counting me, that's three votes for "Barbara sucks". Cool.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:27 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, counting me, that's three votes for "Barbara sucks". Cool.

I wonder if hubby James Brolin would agree that Babs sucks. Mr. Green
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
She's U-G-L-Y!!! And her voice bites too!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
I don't think she's ugly (don't remember hearing her voice before I became deaf, so can't comment on that one.) But I have definitely respected the refusing-to-get-a-nose-job thing, and her unrepentant Jewishness in the land of Kirk Douglases, Tony Randalls, and even Winona Ryders.

What I don't like though, now, is her ultra-polished manicured not a hair out of place look. She looks rich in a way I dislike.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:09 pm
yuk.

(that wasnt intended at anyone here, note - just my instinctual response to the question the thread's askin')
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:15 pm
i don't think she's ugly either, and i agree with sozobe about the manicured look, it makes her look pinched.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:45 pm
Love Babs! Love her voice, love her face, love her nails AND her balls and James Brolin is one big, fine thing.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:13 pm
I'm with eoe on this one. I love her voice and respect what she's achieved.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:09 pm
eoe wrote:
...James Brolin is one big, fine thing.

He's soooo hot in those muffler commercials...LOL
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:30 pm
Nah, I'm with mac & eoe. An incredible talent. The best voice of her generation. I admire her for accomplishing as much as she has on her own terms. And Brolin is FINE!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:56 pm
Hey, I thought this thread needed a poll. Check it out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:28 pm
FIVE negative opinions and ONE positive? Some poll...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:40 pm
Troll.....
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 11:30 pm
Arrogant gasbag. She's high up my fight card. This is my last concert nonsense. Too fraidy cat to sing at the Oscars so Celine-also-high-on-Buffy-fight-card Dion sings instead while Babs fraidy cat sits in audience. Blech. But those SNL skits with Mike Meyers - like butter
Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 11:35 pm
Eva wrote:
FIVE negative opinions and ONE positive? Some poll...

What, there should be more negatives?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 01:00 am
I am really happy that kicky hates Babs. With his Barry Manilow thread, I was starting to ask questions. If he liked Streisand as well, I was really gonna start to wonder.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 04:15 am
Aww, yer all jealous. Shows to go ya, how an ugly Jewish broad from Brooklyn can go from digging around in Goodwill bins, to living the good life in Hollywood. Where else in the world, except in the U.S., could something like that happen?

She sings pretty good too! Very Happy
0 Replies