Addition: Should I make a move? he is not interested in me.. :'(?

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:32 am
I posted about the same question but I added some part.

I just turned 23 and he is 21.
According to friends, he is shy and doesn't have much experience.

I've known him since last September because we are in the same courses but barely talked. We got a bit closer after we happened to sit next to each other at a connect conference even for school and I made a paper crane and gave it to him. After presentation was over, he asked me if I want to tour around the events together. We talked a lot as we were walking for hours. I asked his number.

He texted me that night with a picture of the paper crane "you still need to show me how to make those:)" and chatted for a bit.

Another day, he texted me with a pic of a paper crane he tried to make "I know it looks bad. At least I tried!!" It was just too cute...

last weekend, he asked me if I wanted to join him and his female roommate/my friend to go to a pub. She had to leave the pub earlier so I decided to go to friend's house in downtown. He came with me. But when we got there, everyone had already left. When we were walking toward to a bus stop, he said he wants to go see a parliament building with light up since he's never seen if I don't mind. It was in downtown anyways. We chatted in front of it for like an hour and left. It was 1am. I walked him to the bus stop in downtown... he didn't walk me home. (I live downtown though) so it's obviously that he has not interests in me.

I like him. But I feel really old and I'm shy. I don't know if I should make a move and if so, how.. :'(

Addition:
Today, , I went to a museum with a group of people including him. There were short history movies playing at a little theater of the museum.
At the time, there were only three of us(him, his roommate and me)
When we were walking to the seats, he was walking at the head and the roommate and me in the last. As we got closer to the seats, he slowly let the roommate go first. The roommate said "you don't want to sit in the middle right?" he said "doesn't matter" I thought he wanted to sit next to me... sorry I think I am getting a little big for my britches.
After the movie finished, other people (now 5 girls and him) arrived and we started walking through the museum.
I got a bit sad that he didn't talk to me at all while walking through the museum. I felt distance from him. We were all at the same floor but not walking together.
I had a chance to be just me and him walking together but he quickly leaves me and walked to another member... happened a couple times. His attitude was just so different from the other day.
There was an another short movie I really wanted to watch it but none of the members wanted. So I asked him if he is interested ...at least I tried :'( He said he is interested in and asked what time it is starting. it was 5 min later.
I said "we have to go now if you are interested in" and he said he wanted to finish the exhibits. He didn't come with me so I ended up watching it by myself... I am very shy. I was so scared and intimidated when I asked him so I cried a bit at the theater...
In my tiny heart, I was thinking if we watch the movie together, we could come back to the exhibits just two of us. But but, didn't work out... I am pretty sad about his attitude today and got refused. Maybe I am overreacting but I could feel he is not definitely not interested in me...
I didn't see him after because some of the members and me had other plans and had to leave. I tried:'( I would like to hear your honest opinion. And sorry for confusing you:( english is my second language...

Sincerely

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 454 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:25 am
I think you could have just added this additional information (whatever it is) to your preexisting topic.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:46 am
@sarah3993,
He is not getting your message that you are interested. Unless you act with more confidence, you will not know if he is interested OR he would like to move your friendship forward.

You must practice saying things that express your needs and wants:

I'd like to sit next to you.

Let's go see this film and get to know each other

Hey, walk with me for a while.

I'd like to see you after this event. Want to go for coffee sometime?

Have you always been this shy and lacked assertiveness? Perhaps you need to go to assertive training classes or even public speaking class or Dale Carnegie classes.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:49 am
@PUNKEY,
Express Yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4VZ5J0fNQ
0 Replies