Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

parados

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:37 pm
@coldjoint,
It seems you can't tell the difference between a statement and a question.

Keep on not thinking, Pinkie. It's what you are good at.
vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:45 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So, the real purpose of the thread has nothing to do with the question being asked. Rather than looking to see if there are any peaceful muslim nations, you have decided you will simply attack all muslims for the faults of a few.
You and I have covered this conversation before, at extreme length - so you know what you are saying is a misrepresentation. My criticism has always been directed at the religion.

However, I do recall the extreme desire you had to attempt to turn my posting example incidents of how the religion contributes to violence (generally news articles on violence in the name of Islam) into a criticism of 'all muslims', rather than crticism the religion.
coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:48 pm
@parados,
Quote:
It seems you can't tell the difference between a statement and a question.

It seems you can't let any narrative but yours dominate these forums. You know 0 about Islam except what your keepers tell you. GTFO>
parados

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:51 pm
@vikorr,
I find it interesting that you think you can criticize an entire religion but not be critical of its practitioners. An entire religion includes all its practitioners.
parados

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:53 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't post nearly as much as you but my narrative dominates these forums? Are you saying you agree that the multitude of posts you spew out each day are meaningless?

Keep on not thinking, Pinkie. It's what you are good at. (You aren't good at making posts that make sense.)
coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:56 pm
@parados,
Quote:
but my narrative dominates these forums

I gave you too much credit. It is the progressive narrative and you are just another useful idiot and paid hack. And I could care less what you think of my posts. You are nothing but a loser and wish to take this country with you. At least my presence lets you know what a snake you are.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:58 pm
@vikorr,
You are the one who said islam is jihadic in nature, not me.
vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I find it interesting that you think you can criticize an entire religion but not be critical of it's practitioners. An entire religion includes all it's practitioners.
A religion is a system of ideology. Practicioners are people. The difference between the two should be very obvious.

Similes include:

You can criticise the idea of patriotism, which can lead to blind patriotism...without criticising patriots who question their beliefs & knowledge people

Criticising what is in the Bible (written words) without criticising a Christian (who is a person)

Criticising behaviour rather than the person.

Many people can't separate the concept of a religion from the follower the religion...that is a flaw in their own belief system.

coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:

You should have, you would both be right.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 07:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Your reply I presume was to the news article on the german who had spent time in IS? I was wondering how your reply came out of the article.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:21 am
@ossobuco,
He's squirming. Unlike CJ who's clearly lowlife and Hawkeye who's just plain stupid Vikorr tries to pretend he's reasonable. You and Para both have him pegged, but you can really argue against such entrenched hatred, just show it for what it is.

If you keep people frightened they're easier to control. People used to be frightened of Communism, now they're frightened of Islam. Is doesn't really matter what they're frightened of, just as long as they're frightened.

Google Islam news, and the two top answers are stories about people responding to fear, just like CJ, Vic and Hw, frightened bigots, lashing out blindly.

Quote:
A date has been set for the trial of an evangelical preacher accused of making grossly offensive remarks about Islam.

Pastor James McConnell faces charges relating to a sermon he gave in a Belfast church last year in which he called the religion "satanic" and heathen".

He will stand trial for three days starting on 14 December.

One of the witnesses called to give evidence could be the BBC Northern Ireland presenter Stephen Nolan.

Pastor McConnell, of Shore Road in Newtownabbey, County Antrim, is charged with improper use of a public electronic communications network and causing a grossly offensive message to be sent by means of a public electronic communications network.
His remarks about Islam were made at the Whitewell Metropolitan Tabernacle in north Belfast in May 2014 and were streamed online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34412329

Quote:
When the Walton County, Georgia school board holds its meeting with parents on Oct. 10, hundreds of parents are expected to vent their fury regarding the quizzes being given to their middle-school children concerning the Islamic religious beliefs.

The quizzes are part of the students' social studies subject, but parents do not think the lessons are appropriate because students have been asked to answer questions related to the five pillars of Islam. They are even taught that the Quran is the "holy" book of Muslims, according to WND.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/angry.parents.object.to.islamic.lessons.quizzes.given.to.their.kids.in.us.schools/66269.htm

People so terrified of Islam, that even learning about it is a problem. Says something about their Christianity if it's so easily threatened by just learning about another religion.
hawkeye10

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Vikorr tries to pretend he's reasonable
the definition of reasonable here is of course "he agrees with me". which Vikorr learned years ago when he was shunned for not joining the A2K Feminist groupthink.
izzythepush

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:46 am
@hawkeye10,
No it's not, that's your definition, because you're stupid and don't understand words. One sided arguments are not reasonable, Vikorr's bigotry, like your stupidity is inbred, as a Hindu he was brought up to hate Moslems. That's all he can do.
vikorr

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 06:27 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't worry too much about such.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:12 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
as a Hindu he was brought up to hate Moslems.

As a Muslim you are bought up to hate any non-Muslim. You are an idiot. Muslims hate Englishmen too.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:29 am
@vikorr,
You fail to understand the logic of sets vs subsets.

A specific religion is not the same thing as patriotism which has no specific members or followers.
People are not a subset of the Bible.

People are a subset of a religion since the religion includes followers.

If you were separating the religion from the followers then you would know that the majority of Muslims are peaceful.
ossobuco

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:35 pm
@vikorr,
No, it was a reply to your post immediately above mine. All you have to do is click on the little green letters in my post to find what my reply is to. The little green letters show your username and link directly to your post.
vikorr

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:41 pm
@parados,
I have said numerous times the marjority of muslims are peaceful.

In terms of the rest of your post
- I have explained I am criticising the the religion for it's ideology that contributes to violence in it's name.
- Even Islam itself has different words for the religion (Islam), and it's followers (muslims); on to
- I have always used the word Islam, and made specific differentiation in my criticism, noting Islam, rather than Muslims

So I explain how I different between the religion & the followers....use words Islam itself uses to different the religion and it's followers...but you appear desperate to warp criticism of the religion/ideology (and I've made that connection many times too), into criticism of all of it's followers.
--------------------------------------------------

In terms of the affect of a belief 'criticising a religions ideology includes criticising every practicing member'...the outcome of this particular perspective would mean:
- never being able to criticise any aspect of the religions ideology without being accused of criticising every follower in a blanket fashion.
- never being able to raise any problems with the ideology...for the same reason
- if violence was occurring from the ideology...never being able to say 'hey, maybe we have a problem', ditto reason
vikorr

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Err...hmm... to clarify...this is the comment of yours that lead to this ongoing conversation:

Quote:
Jihadic as a whole? Islam is large and many are not engaged in jihad. The word for those people is 'Islamists'.

I wondered what caused that comment, as I had posted a news article that you replied to, and not mentioned 'jihad as a whole'
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 02:20 pm
@vikorr,
this is what ossobuco was responding to

vikorr wrote:

An 'investment' would be that I came to the conclusion that Islam is:

- an intolerant religion (previous quotes on it's endless put downs of other religions)

- refuses to integrate (obvious to anyone that looks at it as a whole, and supported by the Quran - quotes previously provided. A lack of integration contributes to the intolerance)

- is jihadic in nature (with the major meaning being holy war, and the lesser being the inner struggle), but with several variations depending on how much power they have as a community, or whole.