Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

izzythepush

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 05:18 am
@ossobuco,
Don't expect a reasoned response, Vikorr hates all Moslems which is why he only highlights Moslem violence, and ignores anything positive. This is the sort of violence perpetrated by people like Vikorr.

Quote:
A 50-year-old man in northern India has been killed in a mob lynching allegedly over rumours that his family had been storing and consuming beef at home.

Mohammad Akhlaq was kicked and beaten with stones by a group of men in Dadri in Uttar Pradesh state on Monday night.

Mr Akhlaq's 22-year-old son was also seriously injured in the attack, and has been admitted to a hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34398433
ossobuco

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 06:58 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks. I now remember that I read some anti muslim stuff that I thought was off the wall before, but I'd forgotten about it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 09:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
and ignores anything positive.

Tell us what is positive about Islam.
coldjoint

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 01:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Tell us what is positive about Islam.

Do the two people that voted this post down have an answer? I didn't think so.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/gdkifmqq.gif
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 06:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Hello Osso. Thank you for the article. It was quite interesting. Do you realise (and I've said it a number of times before) that I've read books my Muslims?

As to the Washington Times, it was just the first of several news outlets (in a search) doing an article on that particular story.d...I didn't think it necessary to post more. Was it?

Quote:
Jihadic as a whole? Islam is large and many are not engaged in jihad. The word for those people is 'Islamists'.
In relation to this, your wording can lead to confusion.
- there is the religion, Islam, which among other qualities, is Jihadic (it's founder espoused / encouraged / engaged in it, it's subsequent history shows it, current events show it - particularly in Africa and IS)
- there are Muslims, and Muslims who are Islamists, usually just called Islamists.
- only a small percentage of Muslims are actively jihadic

Given those things (and it's something I've stated a number of times before) - I wonder why you worded your comments as you did? (jihadic as a whole, while talking about Muslims & Islamists)

vikorr

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 06:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Don't expect a reasoned response, Vikorr hates all Moslems which is why he only highlights Moslem violence, and ignores anything positive. This is the sort of violence perpetrated by people like Vikorr.
We all reaslise your personal hatred of me Izzy. Of the two of us, I am the only one who can show an ongoing plethora of abuse, vitriol, character assassination, and hatred directed (by you) towards the other person (myself).

It is incredibly sad that a person who would otherwise have decent messages to deliver on this forum, should stoop to such.
izzythepush

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 01:27 am
@vikorr,
I wasn't talking to you, I don't talk to ****, now crawl back into the sewer, and don't address me again.
hawkeye10

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 02:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I wasn't talking to you, I don't talk to ****, now crawl back into the sewer, and don't address me again.

You are as they say " a piece of work".
izzythepush

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 03:24 am
@hawkeye10,
And you are, as so many say, a complete moron with delusions of grandeur.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:23 am
As long as there are people who won't acknowledge problems, and hatefully attack those who highlight the problems...the problem can't be talked about, and so no solution can be found. In many ways, this is a root issue in any ongoing conflict.

This type of issue works both ways, which is one of the reasons I mentioned that Izzy can make decent contributions (if only he'd overcome his hatred). He has views on the Israel / Palestine situation, and these should be heard. In the end, whether or not I agree with his opinions - this world, and this forum need:
- differing perspectives (to keep people questioning)
- different information sources (to allow people the opportunity to gain knowledge, to make better informed decisions, and perhaps to use that information to help them review their beliefs)
- different opinions on the same facts (to ensure that facts, which just are, don't become 'truths' which are subjective / value based)

It's just sad that he can't engage in conversation where others are critical of Islam without him engaging in hate.
hawkeye10

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:26 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
It's just sad that he can't engage in conversation where others are critical of Islam without him engaging in hate.

Not everyone is big enough to stand up to diversity. Small people tend to fight it.
izzythepush

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 07:19 am
@hawkeye10,
I stand up to bigots, like you and Vikorr. I point out exactly what you are. You're the reactionary who has a problem with diversity, wishing to use the n word. Only idiots follow your senile logic.

There's a huge difference between criticising Islam, and only criticising Islam.
coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 09:58 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I stand up to bigots

Then you must be kicking a lot of Muslim ass. I can't think of a more bigoted people. http://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/chuckle.gif
MontereyJack

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 12:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, theres you for one, joint.
coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 02:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Well, theres you for one, joint.

Why don't you tell me one positive thing about Islam? You can call me names but you can't change the facts.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I stand up to bigots, like you and Vikorr.
No Izzy...what you do try to silence anyone who disagrees with things you are passionate about. You do this not through reason or logic, but through personal attacks. You display bigotry and hate. Posts showing how you display these have been made many times before. This behaviour is on display on this page too.

On the contrary, apart from pointing out this appalling behaviour by you, I have always been respectful of your views even when I disagreed with them (when disagreements exist, bigots aren't respectful of others views, or the need for diverse views).

Quote:
There's a huge difference between criticising Islam, and only criticising Islam.
We are in a thread titled 'are there any peaceful muslim nations'. The thread is about Islam, and the overall nature of the thread is critical. That is the nature of forums like this.

In any event you will also find me critical of ideology in threads on Christianity, on foreign policy, on politics in general...in different threads.
hawkeye10

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 04:36 pm
@vikorr,
you are wasting your time, Izzy is a one trick pony who has no interest in learning to do anything else.
parados

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:13 pm
@vikorr,
So, the real purpose of the thread has nothing to do with the question being asked. Rather than looking to see if there are any peaceful muslim nations, you have decided you will simply attack all muslims for the faults of a few.
coldjoint

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:27 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So, the real purpose of the thread has nothing to do with the question being asked.

Like the Ferguson thread that says the cops lied. GTFO
vikorr

Thu 1 Oct, 2015 06:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you are wasting your time, Izzy is a one trick pony who has no interest in learning to do anything else.
As I've mentioned in many other threads - it's about knowing your values and being true to them.
0 Replies