Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:53 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
What do you think they were using to justify the Christian wars ?

We hear Islam is hijacked. Then we look at the Islamic scripture and see it is not. I contend those Christian leaders distorted Christian doctrine to increase morale.

Quote:
Any Holy Book can be tortured to mean whatever you want .

Not the Koran. It says itself it is to be taken literally. And thanks to abrogation we can see exactly what Islam says. And we have certainly seen what it has done and is doing.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:37 am
@layman,
Quote:
you would have to conclude that muslims would much rather smoke other muslims.

And people should consider that when thinking moderates will prevail. Can you say "fat chance."
farmerman

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:39 am
@coldjoint,
nappy time pinky, try to rest.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:51 am
@farmerman,
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/blabla.jpg
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 02:58 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/carnage-in-yemeni-capital-after-quadruple-suicide-bombings/story-fnihsmjt-1227272342380
Quote:
Carnage in Yemeni capital after quadruple suicide bombings

QUADRUPLE suicide bombers have hit a pair of mosques controlled by Shiite rebels in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, in the deadliest violence to hit the fragile war-torn nation in decades.

The attacks unleashed blasts through crowds of worshippers that killed at least 137 people and wounded around 350 others.

A group claiming to be a Yemeni branch of the Islamic State group said it carried out the attack and warned of an “upcoming flood” of attacks against the rebels, known as Houthis, who have taken over the capital and much of Yemen. The claim, posted online, could not immediately be independently confirmed and offered no proof of an Islamic State role.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest says the United States is still investigating the claim of responsibility by the Yemeni branch of Islamic State. He says the US is looking to see whether IS has a command-and-control structure that would enable it to coordinate the attack.

But Mr Earnest also says that IS often claims responsibility for attacks purely for propaganda value. Still, he says the attack shows that everyone in the region — including Muslims — is in danger from IS.

If the claims are true, Friday’s bombing would be the first major attack by IS supporters in Yemen and an ominous sign that the influence of the group that holds much of Iraq and Syria has spread to this chaotic nation, where a powerful wing of the rival militant group al-Qaeda already operates. The claim was posted on the same website in which the Islamic State affiliate in Libya claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s deadly attack on a museum in Tunisia...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:05 pm
@Ionus,
The vast majority of Moslems who are offended by jokes about the prophet Mohammed don't kill people.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 05:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The vast majority of Moslems who are offended by jokes about the prophet Mohammed don't kill people.

So the ones that do can cut up soldiers on your streets? And how many of those who don't support the ones that do? Polls show quite a few.
layman

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 06:14 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
So the ones that do can cut up soldiers on your streets? And how many of those who don't support the ones that do? Polls show quite a few.

That's true and it would be an unusual circumstance, even in a major war, where the "majority" of one's citizens were doing the actual fighting.

One exception to that might be the insane Iraq/Iran war, where it finally came down to 10 year old Sunni muslims on one side shooting rifles at 9 year old Shiite muslims on the other.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 07:23 pm
@layman,
Quote:
One exception to that might be the insane Iraq/Iran war, where it finally came down to 10 year old Sunni muslims on one side shooting rifles at 9 year old Shiite muslims on the other.

Enough said about the insanity that is Islam.
Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
We hear Islam is hijacked. Then we look at the Islamic scripture and see it is not.
There are quiet happy Muslims who dont want to watch the world burn . There are those who are prepared to fight terrorists . Clearly Muslims are divided on the very point you are so certain about .

Quote:
Not the Koran. It says itself it is to be taken literally.
And you continually refuse to quote the parts that advocate peace and love . You know, like hippies .
Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:45 pm
@izzythepush,
True .
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:46 pm
@coldjoint,
I worry that your overall plan is to kill all Muslims, but you arent that stupid, are you ?
hawkeye10

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:53 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
There are quiet happy Muslims who dont want to watch the world burn . There are those who are prepared to fight terrorists . Clearly Muslims are divided on the very point you are so certain about .

That does not matter to me...till/unless the elite (government, academics, clerics) loudly renounce using armed violence to proselytize Islam Islam is the problem and we need to act accordingly. .
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:40 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I worry that your overall plan is to kill all Muslims

I wouldn't worry about my plan. I have told you before I would rather have nothing to do with them. Pull all aid and technical information. Do not educate them in free countries, let them rely on their own universities. Stop feeding them. Stop building their infrastructure. Stop Muslim immigration to non Muslim countries. Wash our hands, and let the Muslims destroy the stagnant system they are born into and killed if they leave.

Their children cannot live on oil. Charge double for food until their economies choke. Force a change without shedding a drop of blood.

Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 09:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Ok, step one of your plan is to achieve diplomatic agreement with other nations . How will you do that ?
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:04 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ok, step one of your plan is to achieve diplomatic agreement with other nations

A strong president could get it done. There is nothing like a common enemy to unite people. And this country united, alone, could make a big difference.
layman

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:43 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
There is nothing like a common enemy to unite people. And this country united, alone, could make a big difference.

As I recall, Winston Churchill said (paraphrasing) "I would ally our country with the Devil himself, if it was for the purpose of fighting Hitler."
0 Replies

Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:47 pm
@coldjoint,
I can see Russia, China, Muslim countries, South America, half of those arseholes in Europe, Africa and some Asian countries going against your plan . It would be hard to make workable .
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:50 pm
@Ionus,
I have said it before and will say it again. It is rapidly approaching the "whatever it takes" stage. I could care less how Islam is stopped as long as it is.
hawkeye10

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:52 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

I have said it before and will say it again. It is rapidly approaching the "whatever it takes" stage. I could care less how Islam is stopped as long as it is.

certainly taught that using violence to impose your will carries sanctions.....
0 Replies