Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

farmerman

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:11 am
@coldjoint,
Its too bad your intelligence is so lacking that your simple mind wont allow multiple hypotheses on issues.
coldjoint

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its too bad your intelligence is so lacking

Better than my spine. GTFO worm.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/kickass.gif
izzythepush

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
US still does a better job of enculturting our immigrants because we have no real concept of a "Pure Qmerican Race" like they do in Europe.
If Europe keeps isolating its immigrants, well, tuff can be self-fulfilling eh?

Really?

Quote:
A US Air Force veteran accused of trying to join Islamic State has appeared in court in New York and denied all charges.

Tairod Nathan Webster Pugh, a 47-year-old former aircraft mechanic from New Jersey, spoke only to repeat his name to the judge.

His lawyer, Michael K Schneider, entered the plea on his behalf.

Mr Pugh has been charged with trying to provide material support to a terrorist group and obstructing justice.

He was stopped at a Turkish airport in January with a laptop that had detailed information on border crossings into Syria and jihadist videos, according to court papers.

A letter he allegedly wrote to a woman thought to be his wife says: "I will use the talents and skills given to me by Allah to establish and defend the Islamic States."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-31956142
farmerman

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:15 am
@coldjoint,
my my, do you have enuff Xoloft to make it through the day? I worry about ya pinky. We need your "take" on the world to calibrate our pussy reality.

farmerman

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Pugh appeared to have been on U.S. authorities' radar for some time.

A criminal complaint filed at the time of his arrest said that while he was working as a mechanic for American Airlines, a co-worker tipped the FBI that Pugh "sympathized with Osama bin Laden, felt that the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies were justified and expressed anti-American sentiment."

In 2002, an associate told the FBI that Pugh expressed interest in going to Chechnya to fight, the complaint said.

Despite that background, from October 2009 to March 2010, Pugh worked on aircraft avionics as an Army contractor for DynCorp International in Iraq, prosecutors said. A company spokeswoman had no immediate comment.

The complaint said from 1986 to 1990, Pugh served in the U.S. Air Force. He converted to Islam after moving to San Antonio, Texas, in 1998 and "became increasingly radical in his beliefs," it said

We let him live his life. Were geeting better at the what if games.
I still submit that eve done a waay better job of the enculturating. Especially ince we can identify individuals who become radicalized.

Im not denying anything but that the entire HISTORY story that pinky seems to hold as his worldview misses huge gobs of reality.

In order to cure something, its best to understand the etiology of the cancer AND the host.
coldjoint

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:25 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
my my, do you have enuff Xoloft to make it through the day?

That all you got? Nothing to counter the article about Islamophobia? Or anything about what the Koran and Hadiths sanction?

You got nothing but a whine and a hope that Islam will go away if you ignore it or appease it. You are wrong on both counts.
farmerman

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:52 am
@coldjoint,
youre "argument" is rather lame since its based entirely on religious exclusivity.

Its the same simple mind that is on board of every Klansman.
Be careful, theres a muslim under yer bed

coldjoint

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:58 am
@farmerman,
http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/blabla.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 11:09 am
@farmerman,
I think we can both agree that Pinky is a moron and a bigot. I don't think there's a country on Earth where certain groups/individuals don't feel like outsiders. Ferguson springs to mind. Either you can smugly pat yourselves on the back and say how much better you are than other countries or you can try to address the issue.

Clearly something went wrong with the above individual, it would be an idea to find out what that was and try to fix it.
coldjoint

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 11:11 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I think we can both agree that Pinky is a moron and a bigot.

There is a pair to draw to. A coward and a blowhole. Really girls find another thread.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/rofl.gifhttp://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/rofl.gifhttp://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/rofl.gif
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 12:32 pm
@vikorr,
I join in your condemnation of the Australian government. I went on record here about 5 years ago complaining that their attempts to bully thier citizens into voicing only the "right" ideas are worse than almost all other governments. Apparently the island is still a penal colony, complete with wardens supervising the inmates.
vikorr

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well, having criticised my own govt, let me also say that I can understand why they do it...but I think the reasoning is short sighted / too narrowly focused.

They are afraid that if they (the govt) admit to the problem, that:
- Muslims will be targetted; and
- Muslims will stop working with the govt to 'stop' the extremists
Both are legitimate concerns.

While admitting to the problem may result in a short term spike in hate. The long term problem is:

1. Not admitting the problem can lead to:
- not speaking openly with the target community involved about the source of the problem, and not speaking openly with the rest of the community about what the problem is';
- neither community (excepting their leaders) having a clear understanding of what the problem is
- narrow community involvement in problem solving, rather than wide community involvement
- misunderstandings on both sides. Ongoing 'misunderstanding' is a major contributor to slow simmering conflict.

- a narrowing of the problem when problem solving
- the possibility of not addressing the correct problem

- the seeking of short term outcomes, rather than long term outcomes

All these things, combined, can contribute to a greater degree of long term hate than admitting the problem.

2. Further, without admitting the problem, they slowly lose control of the message, and more hate & fear is generated over the long term...and eventually more muslims will be targeted

3. As more muslims get targetted, they will stop working with the govt to 'stop' extremists

So to me it seems the current method (not admitting the problem) is long term counter productive....but admitting the problem is (in the long term) beneficial to what the govt is trying to achieve:
- trying to miminise hate against Muslims,
- and trying to have as many Muslims as possible (and the wider community) become part of the problem solving process.

Whether or not even that can be successful in the even longer term...I have my doubts. But then, I have no other solution either.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 05:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Ferguson springs to mind. Either you can smugly pat yourselves on the back and say how much better you are than other countries or you can try to address the issue
I never disagreed with that point. My comparisons wre primarily addressed to many countries in Eu where they "blame the muslims for their isolationism" yet don't go anyway to prevent or ameliorate ghettoism..

I think that Islam is as much at war with itself (sort of like many Christian sects here ). I recall the Jimmy Jones's , the Branch Davidians, Dukhabors, "the Amish Mafia".
As we see, ISIS is slowly being attacked by whom?? other Muslims
Ionus

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 05:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Considering there are Muslim ghettos all over Europe and Scandinavia, you tell me.
And do the numbers mean something now? You talk around them so often.
Naahh...you lost me...you mentioned the numbers first, you tell me .
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 05:55 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
the govt is slowly losing control of the message, and it's ability to moderate the amount of hate in the country.
What would be the solution then ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 08:03 pm
We could equate the current violence in Muslim nations to the Protestant movement . People were killed in wars and civil violence for about 300 tears, though after the 30 years war it died down a bit, but was still seen in Ireland up to recent times . There were many other reasons for the violence and wars, but religion was always cited as the most important by the protagonists .
coldjoint

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 09:12 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
We could equate the current violence in Muslim nations to the Protestant movement

No we can't. The numbers of dead come nowhere near, and the Christian doctrine sanctions no such actions. Next....
Ionus

Thu 19 Mar, 2015 10:06 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The numbers of dead come nowhere near,
The wars and civil strife is estimated to have killed 1 in 500 Christians in Europe, whereas the current rift in Islam is estimated to have killed 1 in 1000 Muslims .
Quote:
the Christian doctrine sanctions no such actions
What do you think they were using to justify the Christian wars ?

Any Holy Book can be tortured to mean whatever you want .
Ionus

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:25 am
http://800poundgorillaintheroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/9dc0d4f516bea0f42ff8061816e66ce7.jpeg
layman

Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
As we see, ISIS is slowly being attacked by whom?? other Muslims

As much as they like to direct rhetoric against jews, western culture, etc., given the overall statistics, you would have to conclude that muslims would much rather smoke other muslims.