Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

coldjoint

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:16 am

Quote:
Daniel Greenfield explains Islam 101:

"Every devout Muslim is an "Islamist". Islam is not a personal religion. It is a religion of the public space. A "moderate" Muslim would have to reject Islam as a religion of the public space, as theocracy, and that secularism would be a rejection of Islam.

Nothing in Islam exists apart from anything else. While liberals view culture and religion as a buffet that they can pick and choose from, it is a single integrated system. If you accept one part, you must accept the whole. Once you accept any aspect of Islam, you must accept its legal system and once you accept that, you must accept its governance and once you accept that, you lose your rights.''

http://tundratabloids.com/2015/01/once-more-prof-bill-warner-on-the-golden-rule-being-absent-in-islam.html

Watch the video on link.

magnocrat

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 03:39 pm
@coldjoint,
I have never met a fundamentalist Muslim but like most labels underneath it is a man or a woman with all the desires and dreams of the rest of us. When you boil it down religion like education is a thin veneer. Those who lead revolutions look after themselves hiding their true nature from their followers. Some are so deluded they deny their own humanity but it will out when you bottle it up-- sometimes explosively.
coldjoint

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 09:20 pm
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:31 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/belgian-anti-terror-raid-two-deaths-one-arrest-in-the-eastern-town-of-verviers/story-e6freon6-1227186562719<br />
Quote:
Belgian anti-terror raid: two deaths, one arrest in the eastern town of Verviers

BELGIAN security forces have killed two terror suspects in a fierce shootout in the eastern city of Verviers and arrested another, foiling a major attack against police buildings, authorities said.

The suspects immediately opened fire on police with Kalashnikov assault rifles when they closed in on them near the city’s train station, Magistrate Eric Van der Sypt said in Brussels...

“This operational cell of about 10 people, some of whom had returned from Syria, was on the point of launching significant terrorist attacks in Belgium,” Thierry Werts of the Belgian federal prosecutor’s office said in Brussels...
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 02:18 pm
Full Story
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/charlie-hebdo-terrorists-secretly-buried-amid-fears-graves-could-become-extremist-shrines/story-fnihsmjt-1227188533792<br />
Quote:
Islamists around the world protest satirical depictions

Anger erupted in a string of majority Muslim countries after the satirical magazine responded to the massacre by running another caricature last week, showing the prophet under the headline “All is forgiven”.

The worst unrest has been in Niger, where at least five people were killed and some eight churches were torched on Saturday.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 08:37 pm
Quote:
Sweden’s 38 000 mutilated girls

Quote:

The Swedish welfare agency Socialstyrelsen estimates that some 38 000 girls have already been subjected to severe mutilation of their private parts, with another 19 000 being “in danger” of the procedure.

The procedure is the removal of parts of the female anatomy, so that no pleasure can be derived from sex as an adult. The procedure is usually done with a razorblade or simple knife without anasthesia. More info on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), also known as female genital cutting and female circumcision, can be found on WHO and Wikipedia.

This barbaric practice is common in Africa and has followed the tide of immigration to Sweden. FGM is of course illegal, but since Sweden has a knee-jerk response to drop anything questioning the religious customs of any immigrant, virtually no enforcement or tracking is in place to protect the girls. The report linked above is an estimate, since noone has the guts to actually address the issue. When local health workers try to sound the alarm about the rise in FGM, the decision-makers wring their hands and start mumbling about “personal integrity” to avoid the risk of being portrayed as “racist” in the media.

http://swedenreport.org/2015/01/16/swedens-38000-mutilated-girls/
0 Replies

vikorr

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 10:21 pm
About 125 Million women worldwide have undergone FGM http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_female_genital_mutilation

The last article starts out with the following claims:
Quote:
- but the practice predates Islam, and is not required by it
- It is generally accepted that there is no close link between the practice and religious belief.
- it is not required by Islam or practiced in most Muslim countries

A few notes:
- FGM does predate Islam
- It's practiced commonly in around 29-32 countries (last article stated 30, but it depends on which source and how inclusive they are)
- all countries listed are either Islamic or adjacent to an Islamic Country (this is stated in the article)
- it provides a map of those countries, and it is obviously and blatantly false to say that it is not practiced in most muslim countries. It is.

The article, after it's introduction, goes on to glaringly contradict itself, providing Sunni Haddith, and the Sunna foundation for FGM in (Sunni) Islam, which their Prophet espoused. (Note: if you do not know what Haddiths and the Sunna are, you will never be able to sufficiently comprehend Islam)

The article further provides

Quote:
Historical religious views

The historical religious view of Islam, on FGM, varies with the school of Islamic jurisprudence:[21]

The Shafi'i school of Islamic jurisprudence considers female circumcision to be wajib (obligatory).[22]

The Hanbali school of Islamic jurisprudence considers female circumcision to be makrumah (honorable) and strongly encouraged, to obligatory.[23]

The Maliki school of Islamic jurisprudence considers female circumcision to be sunnah (optional) and preferred.[23]

The Hanafi school of Islamic jurisprudence considers female circumcision to be sunnah (preferred).[23]

Sunni view
There are dichotomous differences of opinion among Sunni scholars in regards to female genital cutting.[24] These differences of opinion range from obligatory to acceptable. The Shafi'i and Hanbali schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be obligatory for both males and females, while the Hanafi and Maliki schools of Islamic jurisprudence consider circumcision to be Sunnah (preferred) for both males and females.[25] There is no consensus whether the hadiths support or forbid FGM.[26][27] Different schools of Islamic jurisprudence have expressed different views on FGM.[17][28][29]

The differences in jurist opinions focuses around several hadith from the Sunni collections:
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 19 Jan, 2015 03:24 am
Full Story (warning: article contains photo of man plunging to his death)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/isis-execution-frenzy-gay-men-thrown-from-tower-17-crucified-adulteress-stoned-to-death/story-fnihsmjt-1227189884759
Quote:
ISIS execution frenzy: Gay men thrown from tower, 17 crucified, ’adulteress’ stoned to death

ISIS militants have gone on an execution frenzy in Iraq, murdering at least 20 people in a 48-hour period, including two men “found guilty” of being gay.

Photographs of the killings, shocking even by the group’s barbaric standards, have been circulating on social media since last Thursday.

They include images of two blindfolded men being hauled to the top of a seven or eight story tower before being thrown to their deaths, one at a time, as a large crowd watches from below.

One picture is captioned: “The Muslims come to watch the application of the law.”
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Jan, 2015 12:19 pm
@magnocrat,
Societal and all human institutions only describe their subjective observations, but humanity by nature includes all the goodness and evil that's possible.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 02:13 am
Having come across a claim that 200,000,000 Christians are persecuted around the world, mainly by Muslims - I decided to do a search, and came up with the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
Quote:
According to Pope Benedict XVI, Christians are the most persecuted group in the contemporary world.[132] The Holy See has reported that over 100,000 Christians are violently killed annually because of some relation to their faith.[133] According to the World Evangelical Alliance, over 200 million Christians are denied fundamental human rights solely because of their faith.[134] Of the 100-200 million Christians under assault, the majority are persecuted in Muslim-dominated nations.[135]

Christians have faced increasing levels of persecution in the Muslim world. Muslim nations in which Christian populations have suffered acute discrimination, persecution and in some cases death include; Iraq, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestinian Territories, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia, Qatar, Uzbekistan, Nigeria, Tunisia, Jordan, Oman, Algeria, Mali, Kuwait, Morocco, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Niger, Tanzania, Kazakhstan, Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan, Mauritania, Eritrea, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Brunei, Tanzania, Maldives, Kenya, Chad and United Arab Emirates.[139][140][141]
The full article goes on to list examples of persecution in each of those countries.

Of note, other than the muslim countries above, the number 1 country listed is actually North Korea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9640825/Christians-persecuted-throughout-the-world.html
Quote:
Christians persecuted throughout the world

The latest bombing in Nigeria shows how Christians are increasingly suffering for their faith – and how their plight is being ignored...

About 200 million church members (10 per cent of the global total) face discrimination or persecution...

there is scarcely a single country from Morocco to Pakistan in which Christians are fully free to worship without restriction...
The full article lists numerous examples of Christians (often in the hundreds of thousands) being persecuted by muslims for their Christian faith, just the first example being 600,000 Copts – more than the entire population of Manchester – have emigrated since the 1980s in the face of harassment or outright oppression.

The original figure seems to come from a report published by Mi6. There are pages of google searches quoting this 200,000,000 number, but most of from interest motivated groups.
hawkeye10

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 03:49 am
@vikorr,
vikorr....have you like I noticed that Christians complaining about Muslim transgressions gets almost the exact response as does Men complaining about female transgressions? Equality is far far way. Christians need to stop apologizing for being Christian, and men need to stop apologizing for being men.

izzythepush

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 03:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Maybe you should apologise for not being a man.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 04:14 am
@hawkeye10,
I've noticed. The linked newspaper article also mentions this phenomenon.

The persecution however, is not just limited to Christians, but against all non-muslim religions.

The point of posting is related to Islam's very obvious intolerance of other religions. These articles show that Islam's intolerance of other religions isn't just 'isolated events perpetrated by a minority of muslims' as apologists like to claim. In such examples, actions don't just speak louder than words...even where it just 50% of 200,000,000 ...such a number shouts with the loudest voice imaginable "It is not isolated intolerance".

Intolerance of course, is found in the lead up to violence...an intolerant person is not necessarily a violent person, but a violent person is almost always an intolerant person. By this reckoning...the more intolerance in a society, the more violence (caused by the specific intolerance)....as exhibited by these articles, and the others I've linked throughout this thread.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 06:01 am
@hawkeye10,
And it's not like there's any real Christians on this thread. With the exception of Magnocrat, who is actually behaving like a follower of Christ, they're a bunch of bigots who deliberately distort and lie about another faith. The millions of law abiding decent Moslems are ignored, whilst the actions of a tiny disproportionate group are blown up out of all proportion.

Coldjoint, Viktor and Gungasnake are no different from the Taliban they claim to despise.

There are about 1.6 billion Moslems living in the world, if it really was a language of violence we'd all be dead.
cicerone imposter

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
One of the major weakness of human nature is our ability to magnify what others do, but use a different standard about ourselves.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 03:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
they're a bunch of bigots who deliberately distort and lie about another faith. The millions of law abiding decent Moslems are ignored, whilst the actions of a tiny disproportionate group are blown up out of all proportion.

Coldjoint, Viktor and Gungasnake are no different from the Taliban they claim to despise.

How odd, I post:
- numerous, current, and ongoing links to evidence of ongoing severe violence in the name of Islam, right around the world; and
- links to evidence of severe Islamic intolerance, affecting hundreds of millions from other religions

According to your quote::

1. Would you care to explain how that, in your view, makes me a liar?

2. Would you care to explain how over 100,000,000 christians being persecuted by muslims constitutes, in your words 'just a tiny disproportionate group' of Muslims?

3. Would you care to explain why current examples of the severe, frequent, and ongoing violence/terrorism in the name of Islam, right around the world should be ignored, and evidence to such should not be posted…as you obviously do not want me to continue doing?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously...rather than your shouting that Islam needs to stop intolerance in it’s societies...
... Instead, you are, by your very silence on such widespread intolerance, and by your denouncing anyone who sheds light on such intolerance…
…. defending widespread intolerance and persecution of non-muslims by muslims

Izzy:
...the defender of widespread Intolerance?
...The silencer of those who provide evidence of the intolerance?
izzythepush

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 03:50 pm
@vikorr,
**** off.

100 million Christian being persecuted by Moslems?

Yeah, you're a ******* liar. And a repulsive bigot.
vikorr

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@izzythepush,
I posted links to evidence of such.

And I'm not the one who:
- tries to silence others because I think I'm right; while
- holding unreasonable beliefs (I post evidence of such to everything)

...which are the marks of a bigot.

Your behaviour on the other hand, where you try to silence people posting such evidence because you think they are wrong (ie you think you are right), and refuse to acknowledge any evidence (ie in refusing to acknowledge evidence, your beliefs are not founded in reality, which is unreasonable)...agrees with the definition of bigot

For the most part, I just post links to evidence...something you so very obviously do not want being done.
izzythepush

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 04:19 pm
@vikorr,
I'm not remotely interested in your opinion. I wasn't even addressing you, I was talking to Hawkeye, who has his faults, but compared to a bigoted piece of crap like you he's an angel.

Freedom of speech cuts both ways, when you spout your disgusting filth, expect someone like me to tell you exactly what you are. I'm not going to legitimise your repulsive agenda by debating with you. I don't debate with ****. You disgust me, now crawl back under your stone, and in future address your comments to people with much lower standards.
vikorr

Thu 22 Jan, 2015 04:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Says the man spouting hate. Reported
0 Replies