Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:13 am
Quote:
Indonesia

Burning down of a hotel and the killing of participants leads to the cancellation of NGLN meeting, and an LGBT event commemorating World AIDS Day is attacked by Muslims who destroy equipment and assault attendees with knives and clubs, injuring over 25 and sending 3 to hospital
Muslim communities thwart Indonesia's protection for gays. Government grants local authorities the right to use Islamic law, and several have recently passed laws making homosexuality illegal
Police ban regional gay conference, fearing it could prompt violent protests. A member of the cleric council says "The event will hurt Indonesian Muslims because lesbians and gays are contrary to Islamic teaching"
Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), Indonesia's highest Islamic body, issues a fatwa banning sex-change operations
150-strong Muslim mob attack hotel and assault organiser in response to a planned (but ultimately cancelled) international LGBT conference, and another LGBT conference planned for a month later also stormed by Muslims
Muslims protest gay-themed movie, claiming it has been "destroying the morale of Indonesian people" and is "not in accordance with the teachings of Islam"
Government minister and member of the AIDS commission posts anti-gay comments and jokes about AIDS
Religious police forces lesbian couple apart and put them under 'surveillance', threatening them with beheading. "They must be beheaded and burned... We are actually allowed by our religion to kill them"
Highest Islamic body says transgenders "have to accept their fate to be ridiculed and harassed." Indonesia's National Commission for Human Rights receives 1,000 reports of abuses per year, ranging from murder to rape
Police forcibly cancel speaking event by Lesbian activist, saying her "mission to promote homosexuality" among Muslims threatened public order after hundreds of Muslims congregated outside demanding an end to it
Transgender festival in Jakarta canceled after the Islamic Defenders Front turn up to the event dressed in helmets and armed with sticks demanding the organizers shut it down
"We reject homosexuals here, so last week we raided their house," married couple chased from their village after neighbors discover they are lesbians
Homosexuals living in Aceh province will be publicly lashed 100 times under proposed bylaw backed by capital’s deputy governor
Indonesia is one of the least tolerant countries in the world regarding homosexuality, 93% say gays should not be accepted. Unlike other countries, attitudes are not changing with the younger generation

A moderate Islamic country?

http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Persecution_of_Homosexuals
0 Replies

parados

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:15 am
@coldjoint,
It's nice to see that you are such an adamant follower of Islam, Pinkie. When are you going to practice Jihad and start killing the infidels?
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:37 am
@parados,
Quote:
When are you going to practice Jihad and start killing the infidels?

When are you going to stop defending Islam? You are contributing to the death toll with your apologies for them. You really are a sorry human being.

Quote:
Peaceful Islam - An orthodox school or institution of Islam that teaches Muslims to live in peace as equals with non-Muslims, indefinitely, and not use violent or other means to impose Islamic law on them. This does not exist and I challenge anyone to produce one.
parados

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:46 am
@coldjoint,
If the religion causes violence, someone that spends so much time posting Koran verses must be about ready to practice Jihad. So prove your thesis, Pinkie.
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:50 am

Quote:
TERRORISM
:
Bukhari:V4B52N220
“Allah’s Apostle said, ‘I have been made victorious with terror.’”
Qur’an 8:12
“I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them
because they oppose Allah and His Apostle.”
Qur’an 8:57
“If you gain mastery over them in battle, inflict such a defeat as would terrorize
them, so that they would learn a lesson and be warned.”
Ishaq:326
“If you come upon them, deal so forcibly as to terrify those who would follow, that
they may be warned. Make a severe example of them by terrorizing Allah’s enemies.”
Qur’an 8:67
“It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great
slaughter in the land.”
Ishaq:588
“When the Apostle descends on your land none of your people will be left when he
leaves.”

Look at the truth. This is Islam.

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/pdf/Prophet_of_Doom_Appendix_Quotes.pdf

Please supply any verses that somehow mitigate those above. I'll wait.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:50 am
@parados,
These yokels probably stay home from fear of contracting ebola. LOL
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:54 am
@parados,
Quote:
someone that spends so much time posting Koran verses must be about ready to practice Jihad.

Someone that spends so much time not talking about the facts and deflects with irrelevant statistics is ready and is practicing deception, like always.

Someone with the morals of a snake, you, ought to stay away from anything that pertains to equality and human rights.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
These yokels

Look like geniuses compared to you. Can't you kiss parados ass with PMs instead of making people suffer through it?
0 Replies

parados

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:00 pm
@coldjoint,
NOt only are you posting Koran verses. You are claiming they are the "truth."

Surely you must be arming yourself for Jihad, Pinkie.
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:20 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You are claiming they are the "truth."

They are the truth to those who act on them, you idiot. And that you ignore that FACT shows your willful ignorance and your views on the human condition are as seamy as they come. Why do you hold our society in such contempt?
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:26 pm
Also, what is a group like Islam even doing in a free society when they can't be questioned or criticized? And the reason why avoided because it is largely due to fear of violence and therefore intimidation. Isn't that a basic part of free society that they think they are exempt from? No one group is exempt to scrutiny. Islam does not belong in a free society.

Kind of reminds me of Obamas administration.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:33 pm
Quote:
DECEPTION
:
Bukhari:V7B67N427
“The Prophet said, ‘If I take an oath and later find something else better
than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.’”
Qur’an 9:3
“Allah and His Messenger dissolve obligations.”
Qur’an 66:1
“Allah has already sanctioned for you the dissolution of your vows.”
Bukhari:V4B52N268
“Allah’s Apostle said, ‘War is deceit.’”

Trust Islam? Progressives swear by this. Their commonality is amazing.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 02:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

They are the truth to those who act on them, you idiot.

Which would be less than 1% of Muslims so that means it isn't the truth to most people that follow the Koran. Which makes it rather hard to claim that Islam causes people to be terrorists. It is only people like you that search for verses to support their world view that act on them.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 03:23 pm
@parados,
Is there a correlation between our country that is 90% religious and the illegal wars we started and fought in that resulted in the death and injury of tens of thousands of innocent lives?

Muslims seem like the sheep of the pack amongst the religious.
0 Replies

vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:39 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You are confusing the likelihood of something happening with how dangerous it would be if it did happen
Rolling Eyes

How dangerous something is considered to be is judged on multiple factors.

How dangerous something can come to be, is also judged on multiple factors, not just one.

I've previously listed plenty of those factors, which includes factors that effect likelihood (breadth & frequency), and other factors like severity. etc

Quote:
But this all goes to showing that your argument that religion is the cause of terrorism is completely bogus.
Still can't bring yourself to speak the truth? I'll point out to you, yet again, that my position is that Islam contributes to violence done in the name of Islam.

Seriously dude...you can't bring yourself to educate yourself, you can't discuss evidence, you completely stuff up your logic, you attempt to demonise the position of people you disagree with, and engage in outright deceit...And you can't see that such behaviour is rooted in deep biases that you possess.

This is the sort of behaviour also engaged in by Determined racists - behaviour they must engage in, in order to be able to believe/'justify' their own position.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:48 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Quote:
parados,
Quote:
But this all goes to showing that your argument that religion is the cause of terrorism is completely bogus.

You,
Quote:
Still can't bring yourself to speak the truth? I'll point out to you, yet again, that my position is that Islam contributes to violence done in the name of Islam.

Okay, what percentage of Muslims vs Christians are the more violent?

Numbers from reputable sources only will be acceptable.
vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, you will have to rephrase your question to:

'What percentage of muslims commit violence in the name of Islam'

You will also have to remove 'what percentage of Christians commit violence in the name of Christianity', unless you can find a fault with 'any thing that has a difference should be judged on it's own merits' (a principle you have yet to find fault with...despite my having to post each each time you engage in such comparisons).

The answer by the way, is that I haven't found a reputable source for such a percentage (I've of course, been using numerous real life examples). If you can, that such a percentage from a reputable source, it could be most helpful to your position.

It would still face problems...eg. 1 person killing 20 people is a lot more dangerous than 10,000 people engaging in petty violence over the course of a year. In other words, there is, in judging danger, a severity vs quanity issue...but a very low percentage could help your argument.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:07 pm
@vikorr,
I'm asking the questions. If you can't answer them, just say so.

As I've provided earlier, it's been proven that whites commit more violent crimes than blacks or other minorities.

FYI, the majority of whites in this country are christians.

Whites make up 72% of this country's population.
vikorr

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm asking the questions. If you can't answer them, just say so.
Sorry CI - you are asking meaningless questions (in the context of my position). My corrections were to provide a common ground for discussion. Ie...I'm not, and have never talked about plain 'violence by muslims'...which you asked for percentages on. What's the point of providing such is it's meaningless to the discussion?

Quote:
As I've provided earlier, it's been proven that whites commit more violent crimes than blacks or other minorities.

FYI, the majority of whites in this country are christians.

Whites make up 72% of this country's population.
And?

As I've not been discussing Whites Vs Blacks...again, statistic that is meaningless in the context of this thread, or my position.
cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 08:19 pm
@vikorr,
They are no 'invalid' questions. It's invalid to you, because you can't answer it.

For your charge that Muslims are violent based on their religious belief, you must be able to support it from reliable sources - not your ignorant opinions.

Violent compared to what other religions or cultures?

I provided sources that proves that whites are more violent in the US than other races or minorities. I also proved that most whites are christians.

Too spacial for you to comprehend?