Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
For most, religion is not a choice. Most follow the religion of their parents and/or culture. You just continue to prove your ignorance. Do you know why most in Italy are Roman Catholics? How about South America?
I'm quite aware that most follow the religion of their parents or culture because their parents or culture contribute to them following that religion.

Each adult is responsible for his or her own:
- actions
- beliefs
- emotions

No one forces them to believe something. No one can make them believe something. They can very, very strongly influence a person to believe, but they can neither force nor can they make them believe something - short of severe hazing to break a persons mind.

The evidence of this occurs when people leave the religion they were brought up in - it shows they have choice.

That you jump to the conclusion that I don't know (the whole world acknowledges this sort of thing - Muslims bring up Muslims, catholics - catholics etc), and not ask 'if he knows, why would he say such a thing'...shows how desperately you want me to be...what, was it 'as stupid as icebrain'.

Quote:
Studies have shown that the number of white mass murders are much greater than blacks or other minorities.
Fair enough...I think though, that you missed the point of my saying 'you wouldn't use 'black mass murderers' for the comparison.
vikorr

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If DANGER is your concern, you have more to worry about white mass murders in this country. However, I'm also guessing you don't understand or comprehend simple math. Also, statistically, you're more apt to get killed driving your own car close to home.

Do you also worry about lightening striking you dead? LOL
We;ve gone over this over, and over again. You're still trying to evade by comparison. You're still not prepared to discuss (and judge) an ideology on it's own merit.

If you can find a genuine problem with 'any thing with difference to another should be judged on it's own merit' (the obvious application being a member of a race not being judged on the race)...then we can discuss comparison.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:31 pm
@vikorr,
What has your list have to do with anything? They follow in their parent's/cultural religion generation after generation by the majority.

Quote:
Each adult is responsible for his or her own:
- actions
- beliefs
- emotions

They still follow their parent's religion, actions, and beliefs. As for emotion, you'll have to ask each person.
vikorr

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They still follow their parent's religion, actions, and beliefs. As for emotion, you'll have to ask each person.
Do you find a problem with each adult being responsible for their own actions, beliefs, and emotions?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Oct, 2014 07:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How about the Middle East? In most Central Asian countries, over 85% are Muslims. Over 94% of the population in Indonesia are Muslims. Do you understand why?

Considering you can get killed for leaving the religion might be another attention getter. And do you "understand why ", because of what Islam teaches, this is nothing to condone as a cultural ideal.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:18 am
@vikorr,
So, finally you admit you have a subjective opinion. Now let's figure out if it is a reasonable opinion.

Based on evidence I am more likely to be struck by lightning twice than attacked by a Muslim terrorist.
Based on evidence, walking down the street, cars are far more dangerous to me than a Muslim terrorist by a factor of over 100.
If you can disprove either of the 2 statements I have made then you can tell me to educate myself. Since you can't disprove them, I wonder who is educated on the topic.

FACT - There is a Mosque in a commercial building 1 block from where I work.
If someone driving to the Mosque where to hit me, I don't think it would be because of a Koran verse. It would more likely be because they aren't that familiar with US traffic laws.
coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 09:59 am
Quote:
Why liberals downplay terrorism

Quote:
After any terrorist attack, why is the first instinct of liberals to downplay it?

Their first reflex is to deny that it’s terrorism at all. Nidal Hasan, a Muslim U.S. soldier, shot 13 fellow soldiers to death at Fort Hood while shouting, “Allahu Akbar.” Yet the Pentagon declared the attack “workplace violence,” not terrorism.

The next liberal reflex is to deny that an attacker is Muslim. Last month there was a terrorist-style beheading in Oklahoma City. Media reports called the suspect “Alton Nolen.” Which was the name his mother gave him. As opposed to the name he took for himself after he converted to Islam: Jah'Keem Yisrael. Media showed old pictures of him dressed as a factory worker, rather than his own Facebook pictures showing him in flowing Muslim robes and head-coverings.

The third liberal reflex is to say a terrorist attack was just the act of a madman. That was the early spin in Canada for last week’s terrorist murders. Clearly Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was insane, they said.

The fourth liberal line of defence is to say the attacker is a lone wolf. And indeed, the terrorists listed above committed their murders by themselves. But Nidal was in e-mail contact with al-Qaida; the Canadian terrorists communicated with

other extremists, including by Twitter.
This weekend the RCMP announced Zehaf-Bibeau had “numerous” other interactions that they are investigating.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/27/why-liberals-downplay-terrorism
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:04 am
Quote:
Not In My Name: A Campaign of Disinformation and Deception

Right up your alley, parados.

Quote:
For the edification of those Muslim campaigner and the Islamic scholars, what ISIS are doing are not any crime in Islamic terms. After all, they are just emulating what the Prophet of Islam committed in accordance of the commands of Allah in the Quran. Therefore, in the eyes of Islam, the ISIS Jihadis are Allah's anointed holy warriors doing the divine Islamic acts – slaying the infidels and are being slain in the process (Quran 9:111). In sum:

ISIS are simply following 164 Quranic teachings of Jihad.

ISIS is enslaving and raping Christian, Shiite and Yazidi girls and women as per the Quranic command (4.3, 4:24)
ISIS is torturing the infidels and opponents as per teachings of Quran 22:19-22.
ISIS are engaging in crucifixion as per command of Quran 5:33.
ISIS is beheading opponents and infidels as per teachings of Quran 8:12, 47:4.
ISIS mistreats women treats them as inferior and as sex-object as per the teachings of the Quran (4:34, 2:228, 4:11, 4:176, 2:223)
ISIS commit mass murder as commanded in Quran 2:191, 9:5, 8:67, 7:4.
ISIS commits genocide of Christians (also Yazidis and other non-Sunnis) as per Quran 8.17.
ISIS terrorize because Quran 8.60 commands so.
ISIS glorify martyrdom while trying to kill the kafirs as a means of guaranteed accession to Allah's orgy-laden immoral Paradise as per the teaching of Quran 9:111.
ISIS go on pillaging and capturing booty as per the teaching of Quranic Surah 8, entitled Spoils of War.
ISIS demand all other religions to submit to Islam as per commands of Quran 2.103, 2.286, 3.19, 48.16.
ISIS enslave infidels (Christians, Yazidis) and trades in slaves as per Quran 2.178.
ISIS extort jizya from Christians as per command of Quran 9:29.

In fact, ISIS choose their every action and policy based on the commands and teachings of the Quran and instances of the prophetic tradition, and any reader of the Quran and Sunnah would have clear idea of that. And this fact should clearly be known to those Muslim organizers and scholars involved in condemning the actions of ISIS. It is therefore clear the organizers of the #NotInMyName campaign are engaged in a patently disinformation and lying campaign to deceive non-Muslims in their effort to distract scrutiny from Islam.

http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/138-jake-neuman/1585-not-in-my-name-a-campaign-of-disinformation-and-deception.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:07 am
Some people are pretty quick voting these posts down but have 0 that defeats the facts about Islam.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:09 am
Just another day for Islamic inspired killers.

Quote:
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2014.10.27 (Mosul, Iraq) - A university professor and his son are executed by the Islamic State.
2014.10.27 (Kunduz, Afghanistan) - A suicide bomber and three Taliban gunmen storm a courthouse and murder ten others.
2014.10.27 (Jurf al-Sakhar, Iraq) - A Sunni suicide bomber targets a crowd of Shiites and snuffs out over two dozen lives.
2014.10.26 (al-Manassah, Yemen) - Twenty are left dead after an al-Qaeda suicide car bomber plows into a group of Shia.
2014.10.26 (Raqqa, Syria) - Three men are beheaded for 'cursing Allah'.
2014.10.25 (Anbar, Iraq) - Three children at a playground are pulled into pieces by an Islamic State mortar round.

* Sources for individual incidents can be provided upon request.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:12 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 10:46 am
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index_files/round-up-gays-egypt.jpg
Quote:
Gay men being rounded up for "processing" in the Islamic world, where
homosexuals are demonized, banned, beaten, probed, forced into marriage,
incarcerated, lashed, hanged, brutalized, stoned, tortured and shot.
wmwcjr

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:24 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not coming back. I'm just a-passin' through.

Where are all those who support gay rights?

I'm 64 years old. I remember all the protests against repression in the Soviet Union. Yet the only time I've heard any protest against barbaric social conditions in Muslim countries was in the 1970s when Gloria Steinem condemned the incredibly low status of women in Saudi Arabia and questioned U.S. policy toward that country. But today where is the progressive outrage against the routine violation of basic human rights in many Muslim countries? Don't they care what happens to gays and women in those countries? Well, this seems to be the response. . . .

http://www.nyworms.com/images/groupcrickets.jpg

I'm really not a conservative, but one doesn't have to be a conservative to get sick and tired of the hypocritical silence of people who claim to be more concerned about human rights than anyone else. I guess it all depends on who violates human rights.
coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 01:43 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
I'm really not a conservative, but one doesn't have to be a conservative to get sick and tired of the hypocritical silence of people who claim to be more concerned about human rights than anyone else. I guess it all depends on who violates human rights.

You are absolutely right. Progressives have a natural alliance that demands more control in common with Islam. Also the end of free speech is another thing they have in common.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:18 pm
Quote:
Homosexuality in the Quran

And Lot! (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Lo! ye commit lewdness such as no creature did before you. For come ye not in unto males?--29:28-29

Homosexual acts are condemned as unnatural. (Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?) 7:80-81

Male homosexual activities are condemned as unnatural. 26:165-6

Male homosexuals commit abominations and act senselessly. 27:54-55

Male homosexuals acts are condemned as unnatural. 29:28-29

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/gay/long.html
0 Replies

vikorr

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 08:57 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So, finally you admit you have a subjective opinion.
I've always admitted that, from the simple implication that arises from me being happy for you to have your own opinion (if it was an objective decision, then we should both come to the same 'opinion').

Quote:
Now let's figure out if it is a reasonable opinion.

Based on evidence I am more likely to be struck by lightning twice than attacked by a Muslim terrorist.

Based on evidence, walking down the street, cars are far more dangerous to me than a Muslim terrorist by a factor of over 100.
For both - this comes down to the comparison issue again. One of the issues you refuse to acknowledge is that, just because A is less dangerous then B (or even C), does not make A not dangerous.

Going by your logic, a non nuclear war is not dangerous because a nuclear war is so much more so...seriously faulty logic.
parados

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 07:07 am
@vikorr,
You are confusing the likelihood of something happening with how dangerous it would be if it did happen. We will all get killed by if the earth falls into the sun but that doesn't mean it is likely to happen nor should I spend my time on the internet warning people about falling into the sun. It would be a waste of energy for something that isn't likely to happen.

If I am attacked by a Muslim terrorist I would probably die but the likelihood of that happening are a less than me being killed in a boating accident. That doesn't mean I have unreasonable fears of boats. I interact with Muslims every day. The likelihood of one of them being a terrorist is pretty small. That goes to the fact that the religion does not turn them into terrorists.

A nuclear war is dangerous but the likelihood of it happening is hopefully less than my being attacked by a Muslim terrorist.

But this all goes to showing that your argument that religion is the cause of terrorism is completely bogus.
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 09:50 am
@parados,
Quote:
But this all goes to showing that your argument that religion is the cause of terrorism is completely bogus.

Quote:
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

That among other commands and obligations show you are completely full of ****.

Quote:
Boko Haram and Islamic extremist groups have killed 1,631 Christians in Nigeria in the first six months of 2014 - 91 percent of last year's total number of Christians killed, according to in the country in all of last year, according to the human rights group Jubilee Campaign.

The pattern is that if you do not do what [the extremists] demand, even if you are Muslim, you become an 'apostate' deserving of death," said Emmanuel Ogebe, manager of Jubilee Campaign's Justice for Jos Project.

"Therefore the difference between Boko Haram's approach to Christian 'infidels' and Muslim apostates is [that] you are killed as a Christian 'just because' your name is Christian - you go to church, etc. - whereas Muslims are generally killed 'for cause,' for example working for the government or refusing to pay extortion taxes to Boko Haram," Ogebe told Morning Star News.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/boko-haram-carries-out-planned-genocide-against-christians-nigeria-sunday
coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:02 am
For the hypocrites.
http://chersonandmolschky.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Islam_homosexuality.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 11:00 am
http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ilt949we094q-e13647504007141.jpg
0 Replies