Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:01 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Ah, when all else fails, address nothing...resort to insults.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:07 pm
@vikorr,
Insults? I asked you a question. Are you colloquially illiterate? You aren't denying what I said was true/false, so I'll take it that I was correct.
vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:23 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Odd...asking questions while refusing to answer them.

Perhaps you would like to discuss the topic?
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:34 pm
@vikorr,
Refusing to answer what?
0 Replies

vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:39 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Well your reply completely avoids the point of the post, which was talking about how comparison can sometimes be inappropriate...and tries to put it onto a different track...why do you suppose you did that?
vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:42 pm
@vikorr,
In any event, perhaps you would care to talk about the topic
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:44 pm
@vikorr,
Because the comparison was to argue against the person's claim that the books were different in context of its tone and intention, but again... It's a bloody book. If people started turning Hunger Games into a reality, we're going to blame the book, instead of the idiots, just the same?
vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:48 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
It's a religion, and an ideology. You may wish to define it otherwise - that does not change it, nor adherents belief in it, and their actions based on / influenced by those beliefs.
One Eyed Mind

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:50 pm
@vikorr,
No, it's the people and the people's hatred. The ideological subjugation system is beyond mere religion - want an example? Prideful fathers that disown you when you don't live their way of life.
vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:53 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Oh I agree that peoples own penchant for hatred contributes to it. I also agree that individually people bare responsibility for their own hatred. Do you see the difference between contributing circumstances and personal responisiblity? (as a clue - I have never used the word 'blame', nor do I believe in it)

That doesn't mean I dismiss religion as 'just a book', nor the very real effects ideology has on peoples subconscious, nor what praying 5 times a day does to your subconscious and the beliefs it possesses, nor the influence the religion/ideology bears on hatred, and the severity of hatred, nor it's contribution to violence.
vikorr

Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:56 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
The ideological subjugation system is beyond mere religion - want an example? Prideful fathers that disown you when you don't live their way of life.
Correct - there's a reason I use the word ideology - for there is ideology in culture, economic mantra, politics, propaganda, and numerous other smaller examples.

P.S. I had in an earlier reply, intended to post something very similar, but removed it as all you appear to be doing is looking for things to fight...and there's this odd thing about many people that...in a post containing multiple points, they appear to believe if they can find even one thing to argue about, that the rest too must be invalid...so simplification sometimes better.

Thank you for stating the same for me.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:07 am
@vikorr,
If you agree as you do, why argue? Is it because you just "want to believe" that the book is also a problem? A BOOK.
vikorr

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:10 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Because to over 1 billion people, it is more than just a book.

While you view it as a book it works fine for you...while over one billion view it as more...it has a very real influence.

As I mentioned earlier (unless I deleted it) - just because you want to define a religion as 'just a book', does not make it so.
One Eyed Mind

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:13 am
@vikorr,
WHY do they view it for more than a book?

They are idiots.

The book is still a book.

If someone turned rocks into weapons, are you going to ban the fundamental foundation of matter, simply because you cannot settle your hate/fear, and others cannot settle their hate/fear? Please. You, and them, are no different - you're all making nonsense out of nothing.
vikorr

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:23 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
WHY do they view it for more than a book?

They are idiots.

The book is still a book.

And how does your view change the influence of the religion? It doesn't.

Quote:
If someone turned rocks into weapons, are you going to ban the fundamental foundation of matter, simply because you cannot settle your hate/fear, and others cannot settle their hate/fear? Please. You, and them, are no different - you're all making nonsense out of nothing.
You're equating banning ideologies to banning matter? Um...wow

I see that you are no longer arguing that Islam doesn't contribute to the violence done it it's name.
One Eyed Mind

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 12:30 am
@vikorr,
The book is not the religion - the religion is in the mind.

It's like you forgot that Muhammad did what he did BEFORE the book, now people are copying him AFTER the book.

Therefore, no, the book is not the issue - it exists inside the heart of cowering men who choose their anguish over people's lives.
vikorr

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 05:11 am
@One Eyed Mind,
I have been talking about Islam...you are one who has talking about 'it's just a book'. Now you are changing tack...good for you. Can't say I agree with the tone of the tack, but ah well.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 05:32 am
After scrolling through the comments I realize those of you speaking out against Islam don't know ****.. Seriously I hate armchair scholars trying to interpret Islam and the Islamic faith. When it comes to hate Christianity and Judaism combined has a longer history of hate than Islam. Start with the crucifixion of Jesus the most heinous crime in the Roman empire is crucifixion. What did the Jews say to Pilate "his blood on our hands!" They nailed an innocent man in front of his mother and friends to death and as he slowly died via asphyxiation Jesus still forgave those that sent him to death.

Let's not forget how Jews sterilize Africans due to the fear of losing their identity due to the influx of African immigrants. But what about Christians? Crusades! Slavery! Klu Klux Klan! Christians are so full of **** when it comes to judging others. Christians don't need to bomb people or have a group like ISIS all they need is a country called United States.
izzythepush

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 05:47 am
@Buttermilk,
Some people just want to hate, and they try to justify their hate by cherry picking whatever religious text their hatred is directed towards.

I've got a Moslem family living next door, and they're no trouble at all. I'd sooner have them than some of the "Christians" on this thread.
cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Sep, 2014 05:50 am
@izzythepush,
amen to that!
I know a doctor is Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, and he's also a Muslim. We've been friends for over two decades.