As I mentioned - it was not a comment on the validity or otherwise of those actions - rather a comment simply in relation to the quote.
People are entitled to their views as to the right or wrong of things, but they should bear some resemblance to the known facts / known facts should be acknowledged.
What do you think all the apologists on this thread do? They:
- ignore or excuse each and every terrorist event (most of them can't bring themselves to even acknowledge the event)
- ignore the number of them
- ignore how they are ongoing in nature
- ignore the breadth of them across the world
- ignore what the terrorist shout as they commit such
- ignore the belief systems the terrorists hold
- don't want to think about what the above things mean as a whole, nor why such exists...
...even before we get to intolerance in the name of religion
...and apologists, while doing the above, criticise those who criticise the above.
We shouldn't engage in behaviours we criticise others for. If we ask others to critically evaluate something we have an issue with, we should also critically evaluate our own beliefs.