I can't work, I get bored!!! what could I do?

helligg

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
Hey. I moved from France last year to a small town in Ohio but I can't have a job here till I get my green card and I don't want to go to school yet. The thing is I get super bored!!!! I'm dying here. I don't drive I can ride the bus. I was voluntaring in goodwill but its so damn boring. I'd like to find some stuff to do but I don't know anything. So by not going out I don't make friends and I really am dying of boredom. Could anyone give me advises? My apartment starts to kill me l, any advise would help... How can I meet people? How can I distract myself? How can I stay busy? Have something to talk about at the end of the day..... Meet people mostly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 850 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:31 pm
@helligg,
Exercise. Write a book. Go shopping. Eat your weight in Cheez Doodles.
helligg

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:38 pm
@jespah,
Well I like shopping but not working I will run out of money pretty fast. Anything else outdoor? Or indoor but not my house...
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 07:21 pm
@helligg,
Rake leaves and pull weeds for your neighbors. Soon they will need help with shoveling snow.

Walk around the town and pick up litter.

Go to the town's animal shelter and volunteer to help care for all the animals.

Go tour local museums and art exhibits to learn more about where you live.

Go to your town's website to see what points of interest and sightseeing places they highlight for visitors and newcomers. Work your way through the list of free stuff to do.

0 Replies