Exercise for theists

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:58 pm
Spend a couple of minutes thinking of all the things you would do if you were god. Post your answers.

Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 06:32 pm
@Wilso,
I'd revoke your posting privileges.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 06:40 pm
@Wilso,
Well, once mankind had truly exhausted the error of his way, I'd remove those I consider unlikely to adhere to my laws and let the good little boys and girls enjoy the earth together, I would also give them that tree of life thing that lets them live forever. Oh, and a bacon tree. No paradise is paradise without a bacon tree.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 06:49 pm
If I was God I'd set a series of tests for humans to undergo to see if they shape up and qualify for that great gated community in the sky..Smile
Oops I forgot God has already done that!
Just as Army Regiments award the beige beret (SAS), green beret beret (US Special Forces) and red beret (Paras), so does God award us a 'gold beret' if we pass his test..Smile

The only success that matters is getting through the Life Assault Course:-
"All creation groans in pain from the beginning til now" (Rom 8:22)

And it sorts the men from the boys:-
"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22)

Jesus welcomes anybody into his squad:-
"Whoever comes to me I'll never turn away" (John 6:37)

And he'll lead by example:-
"To follow me you must carry your own cross daily" (Luke 9:23)

The C.O. shows no favouritism:-
"God didn't spare his own son" (Rom 8:32)

So if he can hack it so can we:-
"We share in Jesus's sufferings in order to share in his glory" (Rom 8:17)

And others have stayed the course too:-
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Tim 4:7)

Then if we qualify we win the Gold Beret:-
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

Waddya say Bob?

"Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Barnes.jpg

Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 07:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You still fail to explain why your god allows more suffering than is necessary as part of these tests. While some live an easy life, others are raped, mutilated murdered, starved, deformed, ill or worse. How is that a fair test? Your answer so far is that people commit these crimes, but if this is all gods test, then how can he not intervene to stop such evil? It is the lack of intervention in your "gods test" theory that makes it nonsensical to me.

We also have not gotten past how a baby can die and automatically go to heaven. If that baby does not need to be tested, why does any person need to suffer gods "tests" in order to get there? It would also make smothering your child a loving act, as it would not have to see suffering and could go straight to heaven free.

I'll let you have another go at explaining it. Im all ears mick.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 09:59 pm
@Calamity Dal,
WIKI- Starfleet's General Order number 1 (The Prime Directive) prohibits Starfleet personnel from interfering with the internal development of alien civilizations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Directive

God abides by a similar Directive of his own by giving us FREE WILL to do exactly as we choose. If he physically intervened in any way the whole test would be meaningless!
As for the nastiness that goes on on earth, people are responsible for it, not him. Also their sour miserable bad vibes can trigger earthquakes, illness and birth defects in wombs etc, by disrupting this fragile illusion we call "reality", it's not a new idea-
"Whatever the natural cause, sin is the true cause of all earthquakes." - John Wesley (1703 - 1791)
Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:04 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
The test is meaningless when people die before they are tested. The test is meaningless when your god stands by when severe evils are committed against an individual that destroy the heart and mind when the body is left in tact. Where is the justice? You have already explained that god uses nations to exact crusades and wars to "civilise" the uncivilised. So under what conditions does god break his own policies? Or is one of these statements wrong?

Why would a loving god set up this test knowing what it would become. He has allowed outside influence to warp his test and unlevel the field, how do you get past him releasing satan on the earth.

I'd like an explanation for the baby thing too.

Are you saying that your god causes earthquakes when sin is abundant? When a tsunami washes over a small country, is it a deserved punishment?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:48 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

God abides by a similar Directive of his own by giving us FREE WILL to do exactly as we choose. Wesley (1703 - 1791)[/i]

And Who presumes to give directives to God? Surely not John Wesley!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:58 am
Romeo is a perfect example of why atheists must stay vigilant. He's not simply deluded. He's DANGEROUSLY deluded. He's a Jim Jones associate in the making.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:45 pm
Quote:
Wilso said: Romeo is a perfect example of why atheists must stay vigilant. He's not simply deluded. He's DANGEROUSLY deluded. He's a Jim Jones associate in the making

YES! I'M DANGEROUS! thanks for the compliment..Smile

0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
romeo wrote:
God abides by a similar Directive of his own by giving us FREE WILL to do exactly as we choose. If he physically intervened in any way the whole test would be meaningless!

romeo in another thread wrote:
God sent the Brits to civilise the Zulus

Quote:
For example he sent the Spanish Conquistadores to civilise the Mayan savages-

Quote:
If the Brits hadn't took God over to them, the yanks would still be living in wigwams and scalping each other

Looks to me like your god is rendering his whole test meaningless.
I dont expect you to return to answer my previous questions, you have a pattern of ducking out of conversations when it gets a little too deep. There is no shame in not having the answers Mick, just don't pretend.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:28 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: I dont expect you to return to answer my previous questions, you have a pattern of ducking out of conversations when it gets a little too deep

It's not my fault if you can't understand my replies..Smile
Let me try again- God is an invisible spirit but he inspires people to gladly do the right thing by squashing tyrant regimes like grapes-

US troops after capturing Baghdad Intnl Airport-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/Baghd-intnatl-airport03.jpg

PS- Speaking of questions, when are you going to tell us if you're a Jehovah's Witness or other cultist? Your profile is a complete blank and you're like a little girly hiding under the bed..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eyes-under-bed_zpsfedb637f.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Like I said Mick, I am happy for you to explain it to me over and over but until now you have contradicted yourself, you have been creative with your accounting of scripture and your creed lacks logic and believability.
Your replies read like a double glazing tele-salesman reading from a script, cut and paste all the time. You don't understand that despite my often disdainful tone, which is my flaw, not yours, I am asking these questions because I want to know the answer. What frustrates me more than anything is that I'll raise 4 or 5 issues and you answer one that you think you know with one of your stock answers and a stupid picture and think the problem is resolved. Your replies lack depth. I need to know how your answers are not contradictory to scripture, or to the image you portray of god. I need logic to be convinced, and if there is one thing I get tired of, it's religious types claiming to have answers then claiming that faith requires no logic or reason.

You should know my religious position by now, I've been quite open, I used to be, but am not currently a christian. I am yet to be convinced of gods backing to any particular creed. I don't know how or why I need a profile to explain that.
Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:11 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Calamity Dal wrote:

Like I said Mick, I am happy for you to explain it to me over and over but until now you have contradicted yourself, you have been creative with your accounting of scripture and your creed lacks logic and believability.
Your replies read like a double glazing tele-salesman reading from a script, cut and paste all the time. You don't understand that despite my often disdainful tone, which is my flaw, not yours, I am asking these questions because I want to know the answer. What frustrates me more than anything is that I'll raise 4 or 5 issues and you answer one that you think you know with one of your stock answers and a stupid picture and think the problem is resolved. Your replies lack depth. I need to know how your answers are not contradictory to scripture, or to the image you portray of god. I need logic to be convinced, and if there is one thing I get tired of, it's religious types claiming to have answers then claiming that faith requires no logic or reason.

You should know my religious position by now, I've been quite open, I used to be, but am not currently a christian. I am yet to be convinced of gods backing to any particular creed. I don't know how or why I need a profile to explain that.

10 years from now, you'll just be telling them to **** off.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:24 pm
Quote:
Calamity pouted: Your replies read like a double glazing tele-salesman reading from a script, cut and paste all the time

If you don't like the bible quotes which I back myself up with, you'll have to take it up with Jesus when you meet him..Smile
Jesus said:-"Whoever's ashamed of me and my words, I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )

By contrast, atheists have got zilch to back themselves up with, spot the difference?-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Bible-two.gif~original
Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:43 pm
the words of the illiterate. Passed down by word of mouth through numerous generations. Translated, edited, re-translated, added to and removed from. It's not proof of anything. Yours are the ravings of a lunatic.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Mick, I have 12 bibles on the shelf and they get a good use. I have no problem with what the bible says, it is your interpretation and lack of skill. I ask you how a loving god can send people to eternal fiery torment and you quote jesus telling us to clothe one another. You do not listen nor reason, you quote what you do for a lack of a scripture that more directly addresses the issue.
neologist

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 08:25 pm
@Calamity Dal,
It's called the a2k sashay, del.
Romeo is the resident expert.
And do si do. .. .

Pizza any one?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 01:28 am
Quote:
Calamity said: I have 12 bibles on the shelf..I have no problem with what the bible says, it is your interpretation and lack of skill. I ask you how a loving god can send people to eternal fiery torment

The answer is in your 12 Bibles, so why are you asking me?..Wink
anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 01:39 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Exercise for theists

Quote:
Spend a couple of minutes thinking of all the things you would do if you were god. Post your answers.

I don't consider myself a theist. But. I'm bored.

If I were god... I would give everyone the power to never die. Because dieing would be senseless. Dieing would be senseless because I would not allow there to be a heaven or a hell. Why would I want to seperate my people of which I created in the first place. That makes no sense. If I were god and couldn't accept my people for who they are then I shouldn't be a god.
0 Replies