What if George W.Bush was set U.S. President for life?

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 06:02 pm
What would have happened? I have a few thoughts but I will wait for others who could enlighten me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,770 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:32 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

What would have happened? I have a few thoughts but I will wait for others who could enlighten me.

It is doable, since all the country would have to invoke is more states rights, relative to several social issues.
talk72000

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:46 pm
@Foofie,
So you ACTUALLY want Dubya President for life?
Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 07:57 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

So you ACTUALLY want Dubya President for life?

I said:
"It is doable, since all the country would have to invoke is more states rights, relative to several social issues. "

Do you realize you are making a quantum leap from what I said?

I do not answer such questions, since I do not do repartee.
talk72000

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:03 pm
@Foofie,
The fact that you suggest it is doable has a hint of acceptance not necessarily agreeable somewhat like going to the dentist.
Foofie

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:05 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

The fact that you suggest it is doable has a hint of acceptance not necessarily agreeable something like going to the dentist.

Being close friends for the past twenty years, you do know exactly how I think, in my sarcastic opinion.
talk72000

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:38 pm
@Foofie,
Anyway my feeling is that the United States would devolve into smaller states as a result of the financial meltdown as people start taking things into their own hands as they can't rely on government any more. There could have been a civil war as well.

Canada would be affected as the British felt it as a backwater country and did not see the looming crisis of Western disenfranchisement by the Eastern establishment. The provinces of Ontario and Quebec alone account for the majority of the Canadian population and the elections reflect that. The Senate is appointed. The Founding Fathers of American Revolution saw to it that densely populated areas would be sliced and diced into smaller political states so as not to dominate the political land scape. Ontario and Quebec dominate Canadian politics and crack seams are appearing as the Liberal Party seems to represent Ontario and Quebec mainly and the Conservative Party Alberta where the oil sands are and British Columbia. The new Democratic Party represent Labor. The Bloc Quebecois Party presents separatists in Quebec. With a broken up United States I can see British Columbia and Alberta joining up with California, Oregon and Washington States to form Cascadia. Alaska would probably be involved. I can see Texas and Floridabecoming the bookends of the gulf states such as Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama with other Dixie states Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia forming a coalition. These are the strongest impressions. Midwest and the Northeast are hazier for me as to which direction they will take.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:39 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
What would have happened?

Revolution. Barricades in the streets with many of the police and the military joining the rioters . I have absolutely no doubt in my own mind that this would have happened.
talk72000

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 09:06 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Good to have you back from the hospital.

Would it be too far off if I mentioned assassination attempts? I am sure some in the military and the spooks would plot something as Dubya goes about destroying the American way of life and hollowing out the military.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:56 pm
The USA would plummet to the status of, say, Burundi. As it is, GWB has only taken the US to the level of Tanzania.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 01:32 am
We'd all be dead in a few years.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:17 am
@talk72000,
OH FER CRISSAKE WHY DO THIS TO US NOW!!!?????

Bastid.

Don't even THINK it.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:28 am
@talk72000,
This is like asking someone: “Would you be able to eat a bowl of freshly oozed pus for breakfast each morning?”

Your question is a question that can be put into English words; it is a question that can be understood…but is a question too disgusting to even give much contemplation. In fact, I’d feel more comfortable contemplating my response question than yours.

In any case, I hope this response gives you some indication of how I would answer your question if I decided to answer it.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

“Would you be able to eat a bowl of freshly oozed pus for breakfast each morning?”

That's the brand new breakfast special being added to menus across the country tomorrow.
Fear not, it will only be on the menu for 4 years.
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 07:56 am
it wouldn't be life, it would be about 30 years, which under w's reign would feel like an eternity

and lest we forget the book depository, were they crowned the king of cuba
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:01 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
That's the brand new breakfast special being added to menus across the country tomorrow.
Fear not, it will only be on the menu for 4 years.

Only for Republicans and conservatives.

The rest of us get pancakes with bacon.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:13 am
@Frank Apisa,

The hateful dark side gets pancakes and bacon with no substitutions - bon appetit.

Fun loving Republicans and Conservatives will have steak and eggs or whatever they want.
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:27 am
@H2O MAN,
the funniest part of this whole idea, is somebody from the right would most likely take him out

it would be the far right for sure, but they're the ones most adamant to protect the constitution, they'd probably let it slide for awhile, but if the monarchy was extended too long, you'd definitely see the rise of a militia or two
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:35 am
@H2O MAN,
You are such a lame poster...I am amazed you don't see it yourself!

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Maybe he has himself on Ignore, too?
0 Replies