Unprecedented Stock Market Crash in Near Future?

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:56 am
From the link:"Let me just say from the outset that the Federal Reserve has confirmed our Stock Market Crash forecast by raising the Money Supply (M-3) by crisis proportions, up another 46.8 billion this past week. What awful calamity do they see? Something is up. This is unprecedented, unheard-of pre-catastrophe M-3 expansion. M-3 is up an amount that we've never seen before without a crisis - $155 billion over the past 4 weeks, a $2.0 trillion annualized pace, a 22.2 percent annualized rate of growth!!! There must be a crisis of historic proportions coming, and the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States is making sure that there is enough liquidity in place to protect our nation's fragile financial system. The amazing thing is, the Fed's actions mean they know what is about to happen. They are aware of a terrible, horrific imminent event. What could it be?"

http://www.safehaven.com/article-1597.htm

Note: Pl. read the data in the URL. I am not an expert but I am an investor. What would you do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 820 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:12 am
I don't know crap about these things, so I'm going to follow this thread closely.
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:15 am
Hey, edgar! You better. The data looks impressive and I am bit worried.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:33 am
"Argenti relevans, atque auri, pondere mundum".

Silver, together with gold, relieve the burden from mankind (please forgive my loose translation).

There are times I wonder when the house of cards will come down.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 09:30 am
I haven't read the entire linked article, but the logical fallacies evident therein, on even a casual reading, are truly breathtaking.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:00 pm
I can't seem to corroborate the allegation that the Fed has really increased the money supply so significantly-----can anyone substantiate this?

The worry I have is this: I really believe al Queda will try to influence the election by staging several small attacks in this country just before the election. Unless they have somehow stolen a nuclear device they probably don't have the capability to stage a massive attack here in the US. The Olympic games are extremely vulnerable and a huge target.

What kind of economic impact would these attacks have?

Anyone have a thought on this?

As far as your link------none of the economic factors such as the dot com bubble, huge losses caused by the 9/II trajedy, job loss due to off shoring, etc are evident so how can this guy possibly predict a crash unless he knows of an impending catastrophic attack?????
0 Replies