NEED ADVICE-can I get my ex back after being too clingy?

CCCombs

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:48 pm
I need some major advice on how to get my ex boyfriend back or even just advice on whether to give up or move forward.

I'm 18, he's 16 (I know 😒, no judgement)
We started dating back in June and he was definitely more into me than I was into him. I was a little anxious of what people would say about me dating someone so young, but I got over that quickly. I started falling so hard for him, and vice versa. There is no "perfect relationship", but this one was pretty close. We would never really argue and if we did he would eventually agree and realize that I'm super sensitive and he understood that.

Things were so good, then I got really sick. And his sport requires him to spend some weekends away, and when I was sick I was especially needy but still supported him following his dreams! He was gone Wednesday through Sunday and when he came back he was little off. Let me inform you he won the whole competition and was crowned national champion. We hung out that Monday and he was extremely distant, and I couldn't figure out why. The next day he initiated that we take a break, because he needed time to work on himself and he assured me it had nothing to do with our relationship. So I accepted it, but it was difficult because we used to talk and text 24/7 then all of a sudden we were on a break.

A little over a week later we met up to talk (he initiated it) and we didn't really talk much about the break, but we just hung out like normal. When we started back dating again, things were good, but we never texted anymore and I realized we couldn't stay in the "honey moon" stage , but it was a tough adjustment. Things were fine in person though, but we did start arguing more over little things more often which was frustrating and I could feel sometimes when I was getting on his nerves, but didn't think too much of it.

Well, as time went on he started becoming a little more rude and I wanted to talk to him about it, but made excuses of why he couldn't meet up to talk, keep in mind they were very legit excuses (his mom had surgery). Well, I expressed over text how I was a little upset about waiting so long to talk and he said he didn't care. So I clarified, "You don't care I'm upset?" ... "nope" and then he went on to tell me that I was getting on his nerves, so I just stopped responding and met him at the scheduled time.

When we met, here's how it went down:

So before anything I shared my feelings with him, how I felt and what was going on, and he kept nodding and what not and I said "if we want this something has to change" then i proposed that him and I do something we always loved doing together on Friday and that way we can get all the positive vibes there and that if they're just not there then that's that, but if we are still able to be positive then maybe we could move forward. Then I asked if he wanted to add anything and he said "honestly.. I think im done" then I said "well okay, tell me why you feel that way" and he said "I don't know, I hate that I don't know why I feel this way" and I said "do you want to feel this way?" And he said "no" and then I start crying (I was trying so hard not to y'all, so hard) then I told him how difficult it was going to be and I said "what if in a week you miss me and want me again? Then what? Cause you can't keep leaving a coming back. I don't want to play games" and he said "I don't want games either" so I said "is this it then?" Then he said "we can try the thing on Friday then go from there" then I explained how we really need to get our relationship based on God, because it never was going to work if we didn't, then we prayed. Then he offered to drive me home because I was shaking really bad, and I declined. But then he got out of my car and I said "I love you." And he said "I know." Then left.

When I got home that night he texted me asking if I got home safely. I didn't reply. I know he asked, because I was really shaky, but he asked again and this time it was with more urgency and so I just replied simply and didn't respond anymore.

My friend goes to school with my now ex boyfriend and he told my friend that I'm "too needy and he just can't deal with it".

So the next day was the day we were supposed to meet. I didn't text him all day and he didn't text me. Eventually, I did text him and I asked him what the plan was, and he said he was with friends and we would talk another time, so I told him don't worry about it, there's nothing else for us to say and to have fun, and left it at that. He texted back asking when he could get his stuff back and I told him I was out with friends and he could get it another time and he said that was fine and I didn't reply.

As iffy as our relationship got I really believe that him and I are a good couple and I really don't want to be without him. Should I give up or is there anyway I can prove to him that I'm not clingy and that I'm a valuable girlfriend?

Please help, xoxo

CCC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,751 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 04:22 pm
I'm about 99% sure it's over when someone asks about getting their stuff back. Sorry.

Now, in the future - maybe try to understand that when your boyfriend's mother is having surgery, that that is kind of ahead of most things that you're going through unless they are comparable.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 05:24 pm
I know you don't want to hear this, but WHY on earth would you think a 16 year old BOY is capable of a relationship?

They have the attention span of a video game! Their brains are not even capable of grasping concepts needed for commitment, empathy, consequences, or understanding women's needs.

0 Replies

imimpatientforanswer

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 07:11 pm
@CCCombs,
Quote:
NEED ADVICE-can I get my ex back after being too clingy

I dont Believe Theres Such a thing As Being Clingy/too Clingy
0 Replies

triloknath tripathi

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 05:33 am
@CCCombs,
yes , be strong & courageous to face this situation . you have an ability to handle the uncertainty .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 06:40 am
Looks like the end of the road to me... Sorry.
0 Replies