Is she making excuses?

jasspie

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:01 am
I had asked out this random girl over a month ago. She was very funny, cute, and overall awesome. We had a lot in common and she seemed to really like me. She would always laugh at my joke, say i'm attractive and want to hang out. She, however, had explained that she didn't know her real "sexuality" and wanted to find herself, also that she had just gotten out of a bad relationship so she didn't want to jump into another one right away, which was totally fine with me. We always had a nice time and one day she explained that she just wanted to be with me, no looking for other people, she wanted to be in a "slightly serious thing". She started to be very cute with me, wanting to hold my hands and cuddle. I thought things were going extremely well and that she would want to be in a serious relationship with me. Over time she explained that she really cared about me, how she would get jealous if i was hanging out with any female, and she always wanted to make dates with me. Until one night while explaining some "sexist" organization at our school she instantly changed her mind about me. She didn't want to be with me, she needed to really find herself and be single, she wanted to have fun and go "hang out with with my friends, and guys who just wanted to **** me" (her exact words). I was filled with confusion. Did I do something wrong? Was this some excuse? How could a girl who seemed to really like me change her mind that quickly?

Side not: I had never tried to control her, I encouraged her to hang out with her friends over me all the time. I was only kind to her, we had never been in a fight.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 661 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 05:17 am
@jasspie,
What does it matter?

You know more than one woman, yes?

So whatever happened, whatever you did wrong or she thought or the stars weren't aligned properly, or whatever reason it all ended, it ended.

I doubt you can fix this. Don't look for a reason. Just move on.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 02:51 pm
@jasspie,
She doesn't sound stable. What an odd statement for her to make!

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:08 pm
@jasspie,
It's up to you if you want baggage and to hang in there.

She told you that she got out of a bad relationship. Not sure of her sexuality either and has changed her mind about a slightly serious relationship to just being used by men.

She needs help. I'd guess that she has always felt used by men and has insecurity problems, thinks a relationship with a woman may be easier / better and is angry at herself as well as men in general.

You came along, "nice guy" but she's not ready for that, doesn't believe it exists or doesn't love herself enough to accept it.

I'd suggest that you did nothing wrong. Be her friend or let her go on her journey of self destruction. If you remain as friends, just let her see that not all guys want to use her, perhaps she may see the light.
0 Replies