I need advice please.

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 07:37 pm
I have been having,what I think are hot flashes but not sure. Just want to know how young is too young to start going through pre-menopause.Let me just add that I am still having my period and that I have never had any children.I would be very grateful for some advice or help with this problem.Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 804 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 07:42 pm
Kristen it is very unlikely that you are going through menopause. I have had hot flashes for a year (at 35) and they say I am too young, so you're pretty much out of the question. When I went to my doctor, they did a couple of blood tests and found nothing wrong with me.

A wide variety of problems can cause this sudden hot and sweaty feeling. You should go to your doctor to rule out any of the major ones.
0 Replies

Kristen112879

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 07:46 pm
thank you littlek
thanks littlek
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 07:47 pm
Sure. And, good luck.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:01 am
I'm with little k--check with your OB/GYN. Possibly something is playing havoc with your hormones and triggering the hot flashes. Why wonder when you can know?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:08 am
http://www.menopause-online.com/pmsormenopause.html

Quote:
Perimenopause is defined as the TRANSITIONAL period from normal menstrual periods to no periods at all. The transition can, and usually does, take up to ten years. During the perimenopausal transition you may experience a combination of PMS and menopausal symptoms or no symptoms at all.

So, since menopause can occur anywhere from the 40's to the 50's, and perimenopause may last for ten years, we may conclude that a women can have hot flashes in her thirties.

IMO a checkup with a good gyn is in order.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:08 am
Re: I need advice please.
Kristen112879 wrote:
I have been having,what I think are hot flashes but not sure. Just want to know how young is too young to start going through pre-menopause.Let me just add that I am still having my period and that I have never had any children.I would be very grateful for some advice or help with this problem.Thanks.

There are a variety of physiological reasons, why a man or a woman might experience "hot flashes". Not knowing your medical history, the best advice for me to offer you is to suggest you pay a visit to an MD and get a complete workup, physical and chemical. That way, the path to answering your posted question will become more clear.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:53 am
My ex-wife thought she was having hot flashes. She almost killed me when she found out it was just me playing with the heat!
0 Replies