The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

spikepipsqueak

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 07:18 pm
@spendius,
Teachers are the element that determines much about the quality of mind of subsequent generations. I often wonder why, relatively, they are paid peanuts.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 07:41 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Peanuts are insignificant or tiny persons so the saying goes. Yet. Napoleon although small in built certainly wasn't unimportant, what do you think?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 08:05 pm
@Dutchy,
Think for others and earn a large salary while your at it. Then after you sink the company, give yourself a $10 million bonus.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Bonus points for guessing what gets on tsarstepan's wick. I agree.
spendius

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 05:46 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
"Agree to anything" is a version of my motto. I have had a few embarrassing incidents as a result but it would be unfair of me to blame them on the other party.
devriesj

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 12:47 pm
@spendius,
Party politics - I find them most disagreeable and disgusting. Wishing we could scrap a lot of the political stuff here and start over!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 03:14 pm
@devriesj,
Over to you spendi. Give us your esteemed view on the world of politics.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:14 pm
@Dutchy,
Politics seems to be Spendi's arena, but I'm going to butt in. Even the polis who start with good intentions wind up in compromise and, sometimes, corruption.
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:03 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Corruption in the sense of to go rotten, to become putrid, to be altered for the worse and to be decayed I am not in favour of. On the other hand, in the sense of to deprave and to bribe I must admit that I am hardly in a position to declare any serious opposition to.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:18 pm
@spendius,
"To be or not to be?" Is there any other misinterpreted quote more polluted and desecrated then Shakespeare's most famous one liner?
spendius

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Liner wakes can be seen aft of the stern for a very long way. That is because the churning propellors create a large number of foaming bubbles which take an inordinate amount of time to dissipate and pop.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:47 pm
@spendius,
Pop music is a music genre that developed from the mid-1950s. It is the medium of relatively short and simple love songs.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 08:02 pm
@Dutchy,
Songs of stately southern souls stitch together decades where generations of slaves spent striving for freedom and security. From these yesteryears of constant herculean struggles, the blues was born from their lamentations.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 08:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
"Lamentations" makes me think of late evenings, for some reason. Aren't words funny?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:27 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Funny quotes and humorous quotations can be so really true. Like, when a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 01:20 am
@Dutchy,
Her penalty is, clearly, to be regarded as property for the rest of her life. On the upside, she gets absolved of any culpability in walking out of her marriage.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 03:16 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Marriage is a three ring circus. Engagment ring, wedding ring....suffering!
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 04:05 pm
@Dutchy,
Suffering, it's all relative. Can't remember who I'm quoting, "Marriage, a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution?"
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 04:27 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Institutions are made for razing. Yet, punk rock and punk rockers can only do so much in burning down the Establishment.
spendius

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 05:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Establishments take many forms. There's the famed "Establishment Clause" and there is Madame Birch's establishment in the better class of neighbourhood where the movers and shakers hang out.