The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

spendius

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 05:49 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
First let me say how tickled I am to see you back on this thread after such a long absence spikie. Second, you have a very sexy username which suggests sharp fingernails and making pips squeak and I hope the authorities have you under control.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 08:19 pm
@spendius,
Control is the essential tool of the authoritarian government. Controlling political, academic, and spiritual thought lead their respective populace into becoming cultural lemmings.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 05:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Lemmings are small rat like creatures. If one lemming jumps off a cliff all of the lemmings will jump off with it, so the story goes.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:00 pm
@Dutchy,
(Goes do-lally figuring out how to use "goes" at the start of a sentence) then comes up with this. Thanks Dutchy. Very Happy
Dutchy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:03 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Dutchy has only one reply. Oh ****, she's awake. Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Dutchy never considers the next poster's problems. He just bangs off the first thing that comes into his head and leaves them to it and I gave up on "goes" because I have already used your method spikie a few times and have got fed up of it.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:47 pm
@spendius,
It's all fun though, isn't it? Waking up is hard to do.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:11 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Do we cease to exist from reality when the baby's eyes are covered? And is object permanence truly a question of mental development or the first case of the child's existential journey into life?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Life is only a short journey. Make the most of whilst you can or you get left behind, cheers, I'm having another pint of beer.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:30 pm
@Dutchy,
"Beer is the root of all evil." This dismissive sentiment was held by many a humorless teetotalers during the era of US period of Prohibition.

Dutchy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Prohibition, my arse . They tried that in the movies and it didn't work.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:10 pm
@Dutchy,
Work is for people who don't know how to fill their leisure hours (or want to eat). If beer is the root of all evil then root beer must be doubly so.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 07:02 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
So what you're saying is. Drink plenty of beer in your leisure hours and lust and pleasure will follow.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 07:02 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
So what? Beer is beer isn't it?
spikepipsqueak

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 06:29 pm
@spendius,
It's horrible stuff, too. Do those fat ads at the bottom of the page make you want to slash your wrists?
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 06:36 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Wrists are extremely flexible parts of the body. A Darwinist could probably explain why they are much more flexible than ankles.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:52 pm
@spendius,
Ankles, too, are a miracle of engineering. That much flexibility, and stability to boot.
spendius

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 06:42 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Boot cleaning is a task many apprentices have to accept. Those who can't are never going to graduate.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 02:17 pm
@spendius,
Graduate opportunities in 2010 have never looked brighter. Study hard and the world is yours with many well paying jobs available.
spendius

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 02:56 pm
@Dutchy,
Available jobs are a function of the organisation of society and they will exist whether students study hard or not because otherwise where would the wealth be distributed in order to maintain the consumption on which production depends. Many students seem to sense this as do their teachers.