The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 06:22 pm
@Dutchy,
Places where this is less obvious are round the coast. People in the interior are doing it tough.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 03:17 am
@Dutchy,
Tough love is an expression used when someone treats another person harshly or sternly with the intent to help them in the long run. In most uses, there must be some actual love or feeling of affection behind the harsh or stern treatment to be defined as tough love.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 01:41 am
@Dutchy,
Love. Can't find it at the market, can't grow it from seed.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 02:53 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Seed Hunter is a highly entertaining documentary about a topic that is vital for the future of the planet. Finding seeds that may help save the world from its greatest ever crisis - a global food shortage brought about by human-induced climate change.
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:38 pm
@Dutchy,
"Change!!" shouted the stage manager, urgently, down the narrow corridor down which the can-can girls ran to where I had their costumes ready for the next dance. It was very stressful getting six of them, and all in the prime of life and giddy with the acclamations they have received, and still were receiving as well as feet stamping, , out of the national costume of Albania and into the Viennese polka kit in two minutes flat.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 06:33 pm
@spendius,
"Flat" would describe you as the stage manager during the polka section of this operation. I suspect you would be elated during the Albanian phase.
aidan

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 12:44 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Phase one of my healthier eating regime: limit crisps. I haven't had any in over a week- that's down from a pack a day.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 03:28 am
@aidan,
Day in, day out, all I ever used to do was working. Now in retirement I'm glad I did.

(I love a slender Aidan, well done Smile )
aidan

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 12:21 am
@Dutchy,
Did you know the world's largest second-hand book shop can be found in a small village called Hay-on-Wye which lies on the border of England and Wales in the county of Herefordshire? I visited it three weeks ago and regret not buying one of the books on photography I saw there; maybe I'll have to go back.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 03:01 am
@aidan,
Back to nature gives one a sense of freedom. I feel, seeing the sights, listening to the sounds, breathing the fresh air brings back a sense of normality.
spendius

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 05:20 am
@Dutchy,
Normality is a relative concept. Reverting to nature is just as easily achieved in the costume changing rooms at the Folies Bergere as it is in the outback with one's SUV, rifle, mobile phone and cans of baked beans.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 05:47 am
@spendius,
Beans are legumes, which are defined as a vegetable in the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating. Heinz is the biggest producer of this delicious little vegetable.

spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 05:31 pm
@Dutchy,
Vegetable vampires. You have to drive a steak through their hearts.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 06:12 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Hearts are beating when I read your post. A blood thirsty woman if I ever saw one.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2010 08:04 pm
@Dutchy,
One of the advantages of communicating over a distance, you can make throwaway remarks with no real consequences Very Happy . I still maintain the idea of a vegetable vampire is pretty funny.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 12:10 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Funny people are everywhere and people of all ages and cultures respond to humour. The majority of people are able to experience humour, i.e., to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a sense of humour.
aidan

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 02:44 am
@Dutchy,
Humour can be found almost anywhere. My daughter and I were laughing at some of the multiple choice answer offerings in the driver's manual.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 06:33 am
@aidan,
Manual for news is a free online resource for journalists, educators and people interested in the media. Access to the news Manual online is entirely open, no registration is required.
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 01:57 pm
@Dutchy,
"Required reading" was a list of crap our teachers insisted we read to divert us from reading the good stuff. They taught Shakespeare, being so serious and all, so badly that they effectively rendered most of us immune to the world's best ever comic.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 11:18 pm
@spendius,
Comic Bob Hope became the most recognised profile and talent in the world whilst alive. In the entire history of show business, no individual travelled further to entertain so many.