The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:29 am
@Dutchy,
Many thousands of people are lining the streets of Edinburgh and cheering the Pope as he passes by. The Police are saying that 100,000 spectators are out greeting him but it looks to me that most of the population of the city are there.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 10:26 pm
@Dutchy,
There's never a bucket of red paint around when you need it. Did I say that out loud?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 10:34 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Loud enough for me to hear and query you. What on earth do you want to do with a bucket of red paint?
spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 12:35 am
@Dutchy,
Paint would be useful for expressing my opinion of popes.... if I was feeling particularly intolerant that day. Or I could just post on a message board.
spendius

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:34 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Board messages are not the only form of message communication. Things that are said provide a more accurate and useful guide.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 01:03 am
@spendius,
Guide posts are handy when travelling, though they will probably be less common as more people acquire GPS systems. Eventually it may be like WWII Britain, no signs to detract from the beauty of the landscape, but you had better know your way.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 01:08 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Way too many posts on this thread already.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 05:06 am
@Merry Andrew,
Already the wagging finger of fractious admonition waved in the face of regulars on this thread by an interloper looks ridiculous. It's owner is not even capable of adhering to one of the two basic rules operating here and his manners are deplorable.
aidan

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 10:46 am
@spendius,
Deplorable or adorable - in truth she was on unfloorable. Nothing fazed her - not even a taser - you'd never call her vulnerable.
spendius

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 11:11 am
@aidan,
Vulnerable females are fascinating to some men. I suppose it must be because they offer friendship more readily and are prepared to lower the bar.
aidan

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 04:32 am
@spendius,
Bar-X is a name commonly used for ranches. I would like to work on a ranch, but I'm afraid it would be a somewhat impractical choice of occupation for me as I'm afraid of horses.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 04:52 am
@aidan,
Horses for courses is an old saying. It means that what is suitable for one person or situation might be unsuitable for another.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 09:16 pm
@Dutchy,
Another way of catching flies, than honey or vinegar, is a very efficient little trap with a yellow top. Very satisfying (though a bit callous) to know the little buggers won't be in your house.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2010 03:33 am
@spikepipsqueak,
House of ill repute often refers to a brothel. However it could also be a parlor where illicit sex is available under the guise of therapeutic massage.
spendius

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 02:45 pm
@Dutchy,
Massage techniques are of two basic types. There's the pounding and kneading that athletes get done on them with fists and handchops and there's the delicate procedures using the fingertips which are more to my liking.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 04:24 pm
@spendius,
Liking a bit of a rub often indicates a touchy-feely person. Unless you're paying a professional, it's important to be prepared to reciprocate.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:24 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Reciprocate to the circumstances you describe is a must. Have fond memories of such an encounter.
spendius

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2010 05:27 pm
@Dutchy,
Encounter a skilled reciprocator Dutch and you are one gone guy. It can cost a sodding fortune.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:07 pm
@spendius,
Fortune smiles on most of us, given the chance. Helps if we're not too demanding.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:04 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Demanding women are everywhere these days. They just wont leave us poor guys alone.