The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

verbivore

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:22 am
@Dutchy,
Virtues are abundant in the world. It is just that many dont like to befriend them.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:31 am
@verbivore,
Them is the name of a cake shop in my city. They can create the perfect cake that is truly the 'piece of resistance' for any occasion.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 03:55 am
@Dutchy,
Occasion resentment, giving me a word like that to start a sentence. But I forgive you.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 04:53 am
@spikepipsqueak,
You are a kind person if I may say so. I humbly apologise and promise it will not happen again.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 02:18 am
@Dutchy,
Again with the difficult word! Glad you had a memorable anniversary.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 04:30 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Anniversary is a day that commemorates a past event that occurred on the same day. Mine was my wedding day, and my wife didn't let me forget it!
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 08:34 pm
@Dutchy,
It is fun to "bung on side" for an evening. You're off the hook for another year.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:47 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Year of the Ox is 2009 for the Chinese. The Chinese calendar has been in continuous use for centuries and predates ours.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:48 pm
@Dutchy,
Ours is an idyllic life, where I live. You find much less pressure, and pollution, than in a city.
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 06:18 am
@spikepipsqueak,
City beat Wolves 1-0 at the weekend with a goal by Adebayor. They are now in 5th place in the table with a game in hand.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 04:40 pm
@spendius,
Hand over fist is an idiom often heard. If you make or lose money hand over fist, you make or lose large amounts of it very quickly.
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:03 pm
@Dutchy,
Quickly scrambling up the ladder Arnold entered the windows of the duchess's private chambers. "Arnold, oh Arnold", she said, "I'm so glad you have come, I have something to show you".
spikepipsqueak

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 09:14 pm
@spendius,
You really should be writing bodice rippers, Spendi. Have a large brandy and elaborate.
Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 11:00 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Elaborate on 'bodice rippers', do you know what you're letting yourself in for spikepipsquaeak? Romance that emphasizes the sexual excitement of seduction and ravishment, usually in colourful settings based on the conventions of the historical novel and peopled by pirates, highwaymen and wenches. Laughing
spendius

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:46 am
@Dutchy,
Wenches, insofar as one allows one's mind to play anachronistically with that delightful designation, have ceased to exist in our permissive post-industrial society. The Agony Aunt, the furious and indignant female columnist, and whatnot, have insinuated what might be called, for want of a better term, tradeable frigidity, which, it is reasonable to assume is their own chosen path deriving from want of the general characteristics of the wench and no doubt festooned with thrumming envy.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 08:54 pm
@spendius,
Envy would not be my favourite of the seven "deadlies". There doesn't seem to be an upside to it.
spendius

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 02:27 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
It would seem that spikie is a bit of a gallant wit. The rarity of such a thing makes it gleam all the brighter like a white stone in the pebbles on the beach.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 09:18 pm
@spendius,
Beach trash: the stuff that gets dropped on the beach or the unthinking arseholes who drop it there? You make the call.

(you might be able to tell I get sick of picking up after people)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 11:31 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Call me what you like squeakpip, but I have the distinct impression you're grumpy and in a bad mood today. What's bugging you old girl?
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2009 11:45 pm
@Dutchy,
Girl is not a word that's been applied to me recently, Dutchy. Not too grumpy, that was just my first association with the word "beach", having been down there picking up after others yesterday.

(I would only call you good things Wink )