Jan Hooks, SNL alum, dies today

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 10:20 pm
I enjoyed her versions of an older Bette Davis, especially Bette's video will. No cause of death announced so far, but rest in peace and thanks for the laughs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,822 • Replies: 8
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 10:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I loved her Tammy Faye Bakker parodies!
glitterbag

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 12:40 am
@boomerang,
You're right, poor Tammy Faye, Jan was spot on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:51 am
She came along after I quit watching. She was way too young.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 09:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, she was special, you can check her out on Youtube, it might seem dated, especially when she sang as a lounge singer as one half of the Sweeney Sisters. But she was indeed a talent.
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Hooks died on October 9, 2014 in her home in Woodstock, New York at the age of 57. She had been battling cancer before her death.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:58 pm
@Ragman,
I suspected cancer, but cause of death was not given, at least in my papers. I think peoples wishes should be considered, especially celebrities. But only because if I die of cancer, it won't be a news sensation, thank god for not being a celebrity. I'm guessing Hooks decision was for personal reasons. RIP , Jan Hooks, thanks for the memories.
Ragman

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:12 am
@glitterbag,
Mine was a quote from a typical news source. I don't think it was meant to be suppressed cause of death. News reporters aren't always complete in the reportage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:00 am
@glitterbag,
I saw a bit on her in the news. I saw her elsewhere, but didn't make the connection.
0 Replies