Should I take the next step?

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:08 pm
Hi,

I have been texting with this girl for almost two weeks. We're getting along so well. Everything is smooth and natural and we have a lot in common. I'm mostly teasing and joking. We even have cute nicknames already. We're going to meet soon, but until then I think I should become a bit more real. Become more serious and show my feelings. She havent said anything particular, but I have that feeling from her last msg. I think she wasn't really upset, but more like she was teasing and testing me, but I'm not sure... And I really, really like her. I can't stop thinking about her, but I'm acting cool because I'm afraid that if I show my real feelings I'll look needy or overly attached and turn her off. When I meet it will be easy since I'll be going straight for the kiss, but until then I dont know... I'm planning to send her cute good morning msg tomorrow and see her reaction.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 933 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:12 pm
Two weeks? And professing love and deep feelings? SLOW DOWN!!

Texting is not the same as being in person. You will have to get to know each other for real, all over again.

Don't try to develop a relationship by text. It isn't real. Texting just gives people a place to hide behind their phone. Spend some time together before you even begin to talk about feelings you have for each other.

PS - and don't you DARE go in for the kiss the first time you meet!!
DeuxExAethera

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:29 pm
@PUNKEY,
Calm down, I'm not going to marry her. Believe it or not texting with someone for two weeks every day almost all day may tell you a few things. What I meant to say is that we should at least try and that I dont want to miss the opportunity of it just because of stupid msg.

Unless something unexpected happens I think she'll be pretty fine with a kiss. I have friends that go for the sex after a few hours of texting and you're complaining about two weeks. We live in a crazy world mate.

P.S. Thanks for the fast response!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 05:55 pm
O god, I'm getting old.
0 Replies

DashDynamic

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 06:02 pm
@DeuxExAethera,
I think you should slow down. Coming from a girl, don't go for the kiss immediately. Please don't. Notice your tag "Overly Attached", you are very right. Two weeks is no time. 14 days? Really? You guys barely know each other. Don't chase her off. You guys are getting to know each other. Maybe in a month or two it will be different. Does she feel the same way towards you? Most likely not. And that's a good thing. Just take it slow please. It is your decision but just coming from a girl don't be so...thirsty. But don't play hard to get also. You're doing great by messaging everyday showing you care. That's showing your feelings enough. And don't take the next step...yet.
DeuxExAethera

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 06:21 pm
@DashDynamic,
Well, her texting made me sure of that. She is quite a tease herself. Of course I'm not going blindly for it. There is body language and thats why I'll feel more comfortable when I see her because body language tells everything. Moreover, its better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Seriously guys, thanks for the advices, but it's ok. I have problem with chatting, not the date itself.
0 Replies