He courted me,just confessed having a gf he's about to dump:what to think & do?

Clem23

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:44 am
I met a guy at work a few weeks ago: we are both 22 and we get along well but i'm stuck in a confusing situation.
So we work in the same service in that firm and spend a lot of time together every day, quite logically. He is gentle, a genuine guy, he walks me every evening to my bus stop, sometimes he even makes a detour and takes it with me to keep talking. He knows the area better than me so he also shows me around and we have lunch together very often. He's had flirty gestures (putting his hand on my lower back, when he hugs me goodbye he lingers a bit and has soft eyes, once or twice he even softly kissed my cheek), he compliments me sometimes and he seems caring (the other day he went ou without telling t to buy me coffee as i was tired) etc. We get along well, talk a lot, including about relationships, he never mentionned a girlfriend... but on Friday night as we were leaving work and walking as usual, i asked him what he was gonna do that evening. At first he said he was gonna meet with some friends, but after walking a few more minutes, he confessed to me that he actually had an appointment with his gf to dump her cause he he didn't love her anymore and he needed to have the honesty to do it. I was shocked, he never mentionned her. They've been together 2 years apparently. But still, before meeting her he spent 2 hours with me. But what should I think of that? Why did he delibarately not mention her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 478 • Replies: 4
No top replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 09:50 am
Don't come to a site that is riddled with mental patients who don't know the difference between fantasy and reality.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 01:20 pm
@Clem23,
Maybe 'cause he was interested in you and considering cheating on her, with you (and probably not telling you about it). It's weird that he would just up and tell you, "Hey, I'm off to dump my girlfriend!" It's kind of strange to mention that to anyone.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 02:37 pm
@Clem23,
It's possible he's been meaning to leave her for a while but was procrastinating until a new opportunity presented itself. If he had romantic thoughts about you, it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't mention a girlfriend.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 02:38 pm
You may have stolen his heart!

Seriously, he needs to end things with her before he starts up with you. So tell him that. You don't want to be in the middle of this. (How would you feel if you were that other girl?)
0 Replies