2004 Elections: Democratic Party Contenders

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:18 pm
If they cain't do nuthin' we may be OK for the next four years.

Hey.
Who was the last NE Pres? Kennedy?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:22 pm
Bush
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:34 pm
Funny.
I remember Ann Richards saying his Texas addy was Room 213 at the Hilton in Houston.

Touche.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:35 pm
um well yeah I suppose so if you also consider H Clinton to be from New York.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:35 pm
Of course, he had conquered that irritating accent.
Bush was a Southerner by dialect...<smile, crossed fingers>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
George HW Bush, senator from Connecticut (1952-1963)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 04:59 pm
Only liberals will probably enjoy this one. Wink
One night, a troubled George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakens to see an image of George Washington standing by the bed.

"George, what's the best thing I can do to help the country?" Bush asks him.

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did," Washington advises, then fades away.

The next night, Bush is astir again, and sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom.

"Tom, please!" Bush calls out, "What is the best thing I could do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, as I did," Jefferson advises, and dims from sight.

The third night sleep is still not in the cards for Bush. He awakes to see the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed.

Bush whispers, "Franklin, What is the best thing I could do to help the country?"

"Help the less fortunate, just as I did," FDR replies and fades into the mist.

Bush isn't sleeping well the fourth night when he sees another figure moving in the shadows. It is Abraham Lincoln's ghost.

Bush pleads, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the country?"

"Go see a play, just as I did," Abe replies.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:04 pm
dyslexia wrote:
George HW Bush, senator from Connecticut (1952-1963)

<uncrosses fingers::never works>

The geography angle wasn't that hot, anyway. Embarrassed
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:07 pm
Sofia wrote:

Is there anything about Kerry (besides the fact that he's not Bush) that you think will make him a good C in C?

Actually, everyting about him is far superior. Republican I'll never be - you guys have a few in the sties that far exceeds the evil of this guy. Democrat, not a chance either. I continue to wish for a miracle <sigh>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:07 pm
thats ok Sofia, we westerners consider Teddy Rosevelt as our own and he was a new englander as well.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:26 pm
BillW wrote:
Sofia wrote:

Is there anything about Kerry (besides the fact that he's not Bush) that you think will make him a good C in C?

Actually, everyting about him is far superior. Republican I'll never be - you guys have a few in the sties that far exceeds the evil of this guy. Democrat, not a chance either. I continue to wish for a miracle <sigh>

I'm going to vote for him because he said he will create 10 MILLION jobs, hell, I've got to see that. :wink:

Well, I actually voted for him......before I voted against him. Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:27 pm
I've heard recordings of Teddy R ... he had a squeaky voice and an odd delivery style. I wonder if he'd have been as successful in The Age of Electonic Media.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:27 pm
I guess I'm a member of the ABBA party.....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:38 pm
Catchy hooks, slick arrangements and great harmony ... some pretty good poetry, too, some of it. I mostly enjoy ABBA, but some of their stuff was just too treacly for my taste. All in all, though, its among the best of the Disco-Pop genre. I think I'll cue some up and think fond thoughts of The Reagan Years. Thanks, Bill Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:42 pm
I always really hated ABBA.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:44 pm
Most of us probably know where Bush stands on illegal immigration to the US. Here's an interesting point of fact on our ability to track cows.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the
stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington. Also they track her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country.

I think the solution is to give every illegal alien a cow.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:44 pm
BBB
Sofia, best wishes to your husband for a good recovery.

C.I. that was wicked funny.

BBB
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:58 pm
<thank you so much, BBB>

A cow for every furriner!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:59 pm
One Night In Bangkok
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:01 pm
Sofia wrote:
I always really hated ABBA.

Ya know, listenin' to a bit of it just now, without the benefit of seein' Frida and Agnetha in tight, sparlkly spandex, it does seem a little hollow. Oh, well, I was younger then. And, overall, the Reagan Thoughts are bouying. I just swapped out ABBA for Steely Dan ... much better.
0 Replies