2004 Elections: Democratic Party Contenders

georgeob1

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 05:51 am
nimh wrote:

Well, his favourables are pretty high for someone invisible ... .

You are certainly correct on that point. However I doubt that Edwards would hold up well under continued scrutiny. His primary campaign speeches were all well- tailored platitudes with little substance behind them - even compared to those of the other candidates. He lacks gravitas. While he is probably more likeable to many than Cheney (or perhaps any of the other candidates), I believe people would vote for Cheney over him.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 10:59 am
I wouldn't and I'm a people
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:17 pm
Yeah, but you are part of the cigar smoking minority.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 03:52 pm
Hello everyone;

I'm preparing for a debate perofmance between the reps and dems, I will be the debater (i.e acting as Kerry or Bush) , and I will only find out wether im gonna be a democrat or a republican MINUTES before the debate starts...so I have been asked to prepare for the views, stands, theories, beliefs and the politics of BOTH the republicans and the democrats...so im looking for web links, documents, anything that would "briefly summarize" the differences between both parties and briefly states what does each part believe in and preaches for...i.e a simply comparison between both..so that I can have clear vision of each and the differences that exist between the both...
I'm looking for something as concise and direct and clear and comprehensive as possible...I hope you guys can help me with it Smile

Thanks in advance
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:18 pm
LOL, george.........good to disagree with you again. Hey, gotta cigar?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:22 pm
vonderjohn wrote:
Hello everyone;

I'm preparing for a debate perofmance between the reps and dems, I will be the debater (i.e acting as Kerry or Bush) , and I will only find out wether im gonna be a democrat or a republican MINUTES before the debate starts...so I have been asked to prepare for the views, stands, theories, beliefs and the politics of BOTH the republicans and the democrats...so im looking for web links, documents, anything that would "briefly summarize" the differences between both parties and briefly states what does each part believe in and preaches for...i.e a simply comparison between both..so that I can have clear vision of each and the differences that exist between the both...
I'm looking for something as concise and direct and clear and comprehensive as possible...I hope you guys can help me with it Smile

Thanks in advance

Now where have I seen this post before...

Is it just me or is this post on every thread?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:30 pm
Ahem...

So, I really like realjohnboy, so I'm not out to embarass him or anything, but I thought this was funny..

I did a search re my new thread about the pre-poned (what is the opposite of postponed?) California primaries, and found this post of mine, in which I complained, back in March 2004, that with the first primaries over, six dull months were to follow.

Realjohnboy said, no:

realjohnboy wrote:
Nimh...you may be right about the next few months being boring...but I think you may be wrong:
1) Iraq will continue to be a quagmire
2) Bin-Laden will be killed or captured prior to Nov
3) Cheney will retire
4) Kerry will choose someone other than Edwards to be his running mate
and (5) and (6) etc...
This is going to be a fascinating time! -rjb-

Ha! Now that would have been interesting! And if 2) through 4) had actually happened it would all have been for the better too! Razz
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 05:45 pm
Amusing, Nimh. Well at least I got one (1) right.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2007 06:27 pm
Hope you didnt mind.. it just made me grin Smile

And hey, who could blame you for having hoped? :wink:
0 Replies