Could check my grammar mistakes please

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 11:57 am
My name is David Crystal. I’m a western linguist. You is listening my lecture about extinct languages. I work for salvation the Bongou language.
Generally, I think, that Bongou is suffering from cultural assimilation. It lacks a proper written form.
First, I convinced, that diversity is the key to the survival of Bongou. I think that need create documentation in written and audio-visual form of writing grammar and vocabulary.
Second, I think, that need to create a project for the promotion of language learning Bongo, to the younger generation had an incentive to learn the language.
Third, I think, there needs to be a budget for courses, materials and teachers.
To sum up, I planning to petition the UN with a request to save Bongou.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 899 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Miller

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 12:50 pm
@LonelyGamer,

My name is David Crystal. I’m a western linguist. You are listening to my lecture about extinct languages.

I work for the salvation of the Bongou language.

Generally, I think that Bongou suffers from cultural assimilation because it lacks a proper written form.

First, I am convinced, that diversity is a key to the survival of Bongou. I think what is needed is the creation of documentation in written and audio-visual form for the writing of grammar and vocabulary.

Second, I think there is a need to promote learning the Bongou language , so that the next generation has an incentive to learn it.

Third, I think, there is a need to budget for courses, materials and teachers.

In conclusion, I plan to petition the UN to save Bongou.

---------------------------------------------

I've changed the grammar where I thought it should be changed. I've also changed some aspects of sentence structure where clarity seems to be lacking.

It looks better than it did, when you wrote it. I suspect that others may want to change a few things, too.

Good luck! Hope you like and approve of the changes. Smile

LonelyGamer

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2014 01:10 pm
@Miller,
it is homework. thank you
0 Replies