Ralph Nader polling results show how he's helping Bush

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 07:39 pm
I think the fact that many of the conservatives ar eecstatic about Nader running is a pretty tell tale sign, no?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 07:40 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:01 pm
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yes.

LOL! Yer a great woman Soz, but you're too wordy!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:08 pm
:-P

Too many words expended on this subject already (for me, no commentary on anyone else.)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:29 pm
sozobe wrote:
:-P

Too many words expended on this subject already (for me, no commentary on anyone else.)

The good part is your post count still increases even with one word. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:42 pm
Yeah, but the throbbing in my temples decreases every time I decide NOT to take on this argument again... ;-) (Few things in politics get my goat so effectively...)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:53 pm
I am with you on that, Sozobe.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:55 pm
I can hardly bear that people will let Bush win, in those states where the vote will matter, in order to vote for Nader, who more truly represents them, and me.
The consequences of Bush winning this last go-round were immense. Given the potential for judiciary changes and added legislative republification, I can only cringe with this executive in place too.

I guess I should add that I have read along and understand and respect both ebrown and edgar's viewpoints.
Still, I can hardly bear the thought of quixotic Nader votes in a contested state.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:04 pm
I suspect Carl Rove finds principle, in this singular case, quite delicious indeed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:04 pm
It IS a toughie for you guys, isn't it?

I am sooo glad we have a different system - so that alternatives can develop - without having to disempower the better than the incumbent party that you prefer not to have to put first.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
dlowan, The main problem with our system of democracy is that less than fifty percent even bother to vote. The remaining fifty percent doesn't know what's good or bad, because they don't read or bother with politics until election time. If we're lucky, maybe only about 20 percent of the American public really understands what's going on.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:44 pm
http://www.tnr.com/graphics2004.1/etc_naderflyer.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm
snnnnnnnaarrrrrrrrrrl...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:42 pm
dlowan wrote:
Sure - but my point is that I think MOST people who bothered to vote for Nader - or do bother - would prolly vote against Bush - ie have voted Gore, or would vote Kerry.

I accept that some folk will only vote if there is someone they really like - and not vote otherwise - but you'd be pushing it uphill to make me believe that Nader didn't/won't split the anti-Bush vote.

Therefore, unless nader wins - and I don't think anyone seriously thinks he will, do they (?) he will have cost kerry votes - mebbe enough to lose. He may well have caused Gore to lose - I don't know enough about how votes panned out last time to know.

Whether this is a problem or not depends on your views - but I think it is very likely a fact.

Hey dlowan, why don't you keep your nose in your own country's politics.

If these clearminded and high principled folks want to vote for Nader, Kucinich or Cynthia Mckinney, who are you to try and change their minds?
:wink:
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:46 pm
I think there is only one possible choice for principled progressives: Stay at home on November 2nd.

Let us Machiavelian conservatives debase ourselves by voting for Geroge Bush. You stay strong!

Kerry is only going to move further right as the campaign progresses.

Hell, he voted for the Iraq War resolution and he's against same sex marriages. He doesn't deserve your vote.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:49 pm
Quote:

If these clearminded and high principled folks want to vote for Nader, Kucinich or Cynthia Mckinney, who are you to try and change their minds?

Just another A2Ker with an informed opinion about the matter?

This "if it's not your country, you should keep your nose out of talking about it" thing is just puzzling, to me ...

Everyone in the world is affected by US politics. So why shouldn't we speak up about it?

If you think something in particular is misinformed in a way thats because of her (etc) not being from the States, just point out the offending piece and discuss that.

Otherwise, as much right to discuss it as anyone else <shrugs>
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:40 pm
nimh wrote:
Quote:

Just another A2Ker with an informed opinion about the matter?

This "if it's not your country, you should keep your nose out of talking about it" thing is just puzzling, to me ...

Everyone in the world is affected by US politics. So why shouldn't we speak up about it?

If you think something in particular is misinformed in a way thats because of her (etc) not being from the States, just point out the offending piece and discuss that.

Otherwise, as much right to discuss it as anyone else <shrugs>

Good grief! And I used a wink smiley!

Because you are from the Netherlands I can excuse your inability to detect the intended humor.

You and I have gone back and forth on numerous threads already. Didn't you find it odd that I would be referring to anyone who might vote for Nader, Kucinich or McKinney (for goodness sake) as clearminded?

For future reference Nimh this :wink: means one is kidding.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:48 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Good grief! And I used a wink smiley!

LOL

OK, I retreat ... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 04:58 pm
The Green Party will dilute Nader's numbers considerably, since they will make some ballots Nader may not be able to get on.
0 Replies