Isn't this sexual assault?

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:06 pm
This is just an example, didn't happen to me in real life. But I've heard about it and it pisses me off.

A woman is giving a guy oral when he randomly pushes her head down and holds it there, even as she tries to pull back while gagging. I mean if you are resisting a sexual thing, even pulling away a bit, they should not force you to stay there. Does no mean no except when it doesn't?

How is it not reasonable for the woman to think a guy would have the common sense to ask before making her gag on his dick? Is the unpleasant sensation of gagging something he could not possibly understand?

It's like guys are thought to act which ever way they please sexually and women are then blamed for not setting the boundaries. Why isn't setting boundaries and communicating with your partner about what you want to try considered something both men and women do?

Some guys like teeth during oral, I guess the woman should bite away if he hasn't told her not to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 861 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 01:50 pm
@RabidHamster ,
If you mean he was not a gentleman and she should think long and hard about keeping a sexual relationship going with him I can agree.

However do I think that he should be charge with a sexual crime that can get him a prison sentence for decades by calling it a sexual assault the answer is hell no.

The term sexual assault should be reserve for far worst behaviors then a moment of ungentlemanly behaviors in the middle of consensus sex.
DKgirl

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 11:52 am
@BillRM,
"The term sexual assault should be reserve for far worst behaviors then a moment of ungentlemanly behaviors in the middle of consensus sex."

Okay, there's a cuple of things wrong here, first of all, sex isn't consensual just because the people involved is okay with it to start with, consent is an ongoing conversation, you should always be able to stop if you don't feel comfortable with whats going on. there's so many girls who don't truely know this.
Second of all I think we need to think about how we verbalise sexual assult, rape and consensual sex, and so many girls don't report rape because they're thought that it's their own fault, or because they don't think it was serious enough. As a society we need to make it okay to fell violetet, and to talk about it, and get the help you need.

Mabye the man in this scenario shouldn't go to prison, but he should know that his actions weren't okay and he should know that hé made a person feel violeted. I think there's is something wrong in a society where we repeatedly defend the assaulter instead of the victim..
BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 01:19 pm
@DKgirl,
LOL I remember the case of the woman who withdraw her consent in the middle of Sexual Congress and the man withdraw after being told within seven seconds and a court found that seven seconds was too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First an appeal court overrule this silliness and then a higher court reconfirm the verdict.

Sorry but we have gone insane over this nonsense and by doing so cheapen the whole concept of sexual assault to no one benefits.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 01:58 pm

The legally SAFE way to proceed
is to march to your favorite brothel,
and pay the young lady for her services as agreed.

She will not cause any trouble after being paid.

Here in Florida, we are required by law
not to bring our guns into brothels or police stations.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 02:07 pm
@DKgirl,
I am so damn happy that my dating days are behind me and I am in a stable marriage but I do worry about my grandsons when they will need to react in the middle of the passion within less then five to ten seconds to a withdraw of consent statement at least in Maryland.

I wonder how fast he would needed to reacted in order to not be guilt of rape would three seconds be fast enough?

Quote:
ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Women can say "no" at any time during intercourse, and a man can be convicted of rape if he doesn't stop, Maryland highest court ruled Wednesday.

In the case of a man convicted of rape in 2004, the judges decided a woman can withdraw consent at any time, even after agreeing to sex.

"The crime of first-degree rape includes post-penetration vaginal intercourse accomplished through force or threat of force and without the consent of the victim, even if the victim consented to the initial penetration," the Court of Appeals wrote.

The court ordered a new trial for Maouloud Baby, who was convicted of raping a woman in a car in 2003. The woman had just had sex with another man, and Baby asked the man if he could "hit that" also.

Baby testified that the woman agreed, as long as Baby would stop when she told him to. The woman testified that Baby continued having sex with her for five to 10 seconds after she asked him to stop.

"I said, 'Stop,' and that's when he kept pushing it in, and I was pushing his knees to get off me," she testified.

Baby was convicted in 2004 after a Montgomery County jury asked the judge whether sex that begins consensually but continues after the woman tells the man to stop constitutes rape. The judge replied that was "a question that you, as a jury, must decide."

Baby challenged his conviction, which was overturned by Maryland's second-highest court. The Court of Appeals remanded the case back to a new trial, clarifying that a woman may withdraw consent at any time during sex.

"It's important for women's autonomy," said Lisae Jordan, legal director for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, which filed a brief in favor of the "no-at-any-time" interpretation.

Tracy Brown, executive director of the Women's Law Center of Maryland, said that before Wednesday's ruling, it was unclear whether a man refusing requests to stop during sex could be convicted of rape.

Brown said Maryland's decision means the law will match what people already believe -- that a woman's right to decide whether she wants sex does not end once sex begins.

"The decision is consistent with cultural standards," Brown said.

But an Illinois lawyer known for defending men, usually in custody battles, said the "withdrawn consent" standard can make it almost impossible to defend a man in rape proceedings. Jeffery Leving of Chicago said that's because the best defense in he-said-she-said situations is the lack of injury in the alleged victim.

"The only evidence in a rape case that's truly objective is personal injury, and now that's no longer the case in Maryland," Leving said. "It just seems like it's very, very unfair."

In the decision, judges said that the trial judge was right to allow testimony from an expert in what's called "rape-trauma syndrome." The expert explained to jurors why the victim's behavior might have seemed inconsistent with someone who'd been raped. Baby argued that testimony wrongly swayed the jury and should not have been allowed.

The decision means Baby faces another trial in Montgomery County. Judges wrote that current courts should not rely on 200-year-old legal standards that "initial penetration completes the act of intercourse."

"Post-penetration withdrawal of consent negates initial consent for the purposes of sexual offense crimes and, when coupled with the other elements, may constitute the crime of rape," the court concluded.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 02:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I am so damn happy that my dating days are behind me and I am in a stable marriage but I do worry about my grandsons
when they will need to react in the middle of the passion within less then five to ten seconds to a withdraw of consent statement at least in Maryland.

I wonder how fast he would need to react in order to not be guilt of rape would three seconds be fast enough?
Does that mean that all men of the male gender
need to sprint toward pre-mature ejaculation ???????????
Shud that be taught in school hygiene classes,
to achieve maximum SPEED of satisfaction to keep the students out of jail ?

I never looked at it that way before.

David
0 Replies