Judging from Iraq, the United Nations is no solution

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:31 am
Fedral wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You really and truly believe that you can speak of people that way and it's just honest not arrogant.

I find it appalling that you are a teacher quite frankly and are as you put it, "shaping young minds". I fear for this country.

Bi-Polar,

If you look up at the Himalaya Mountains and point to Mount Everest and say:
"That is the biggest mountain in the world."

Is that arrogance?
No, it is a statement of fact.

When you look at the U.S. military and say:
"That is the most powerful military in the world."

Is that arrogance?

When you look at U.N. peacekeeping operations and say:
The peacekeeping troops(of ANY country) couldn't be moved or supplied if not for the airlift capability of the United States Air Force. The peacekeepers wouldn't have the ability to have 24 hour, all weather strike capability to defend themselves if not for the support of the pilots of the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines and Army. No other nation on earth has the ability to get troops on the ground faster to anywhere on earth that they are needed than the United States."

When you say all these things...

Is that arrogance?

quite so fedral, but what if you looked at the Himalayas and said they are largest and because no other mountain is as large, every other mountain is in fact an inferior molehill?

This is the arrogance displayed here of which I speak and no amount of argument or spin will refute it. The statements and attitudes are out in the open.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:36 am
A good link to past operations. Still searching

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/dpko/co_mission/co_miss.htm
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:56 am
BPB, why must every statement made about the US be followed up by some praise of other countries? It's like Sienfeld commenting about not be gay, "not there's anything wrong with that"...

You immediately jump to the conclusion that when I say the US has the strongest military, I somehow infer that no other military is strong. Look at China, no one wants to mess with them. Russia has a very strong military as well. so does India. Hell, even N. Korea has a pretty gosh darn strong military. But, I don't really feel that those countries have the desire to help the international community by sending in large numbers of peacekeepers to the UN.

I see no need to tout every other countries strong points when i speak about the USA. Neither do I infer that every other country is somehow less when I speak about the USA. What I am doing is talking about the USA, that's it.

When the countries of the G-8 start taking the defense of their own countries and those around the world more seriously, maybe then I will change my opinion. Until, I will continue to say what I am saying and you can continue to espouse your rhetoric until the cows come home.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:39 pm
you admit otherwise in this very thread.....your self satisifed "I"m the USA bitch" attitude permeates every post you make.....and then when called on it you back down....be consistent will ya?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:50 pm
Really? Show me where, other than in answer to a direct question, do I admit otherwise?

I think that you have some sort of anxiety disorder directed at those on the right that may cloud your vision causing you to read something more than may be written in a post. Either that or your reading comprehension is severly retarded and needs immediate remediation.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 04:24 pm
Those nations who do what they feel is right and stand tough, even with limited forces, in Iraq are no pussys (or is it pussies?) Whatever.

Those who refuse to take any risk at all until the hard part is done, or those who cut and run at the first sign of trouble, deserve whatever label fits.
0 Replies