Is it fate? We still are meant to be...

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 06:49 pm
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for one and half years, we both met in year 7 when we were at the same school and then he moved for 6th form. One night, his dad unfortunately found out about our relationship (he's Asian/Pakistani btw) and due to this my boyfriend had to suddenly end the relationship due to the instigating factors. His dad is generally very strict and imposes a lot of pressure on his son, which I believe is the reason why his son wants to rebel more behind his back due to the lack of freedom. Thing is we still do love each other and would still be together if it were not for this, we both intended on getting married and solidifying the relationship. Any suggestions on what I should do to help maybe fix this? I have no much form of contact with him as his dad smashed his phone and he deactivated various social medias. I truly love him and I am not willing to lose him over something like this. Please help, I will be eternally grateful!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,246 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:12 pm
How old are you two?
hopelesslydevoted17

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:01 am
@PUNKEY,
Both 18
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:19 am
@hopelesslydevoted17,
Quote:
Thing is we still do love each other
How do you know this since you wrote
Quote:
I have no much form of contact with him as his dad smashed his phone and he deactivated various social medias.

If you have no way of contacting him at all, then you have no way of knowing if he still loves you.

How long has it been since you were last in contact with him?

Seems to me, if he still loved you and was willing to go against his dad's wishes that he would have found a way to get in contact with you. I take it you must live in different places.

Quote:
I truly love him and I am not willing to lose him over something like this.
You may not be willing to lose him, but he may well be willing to lose you in order to abide by his father's wishes. The point is, you do not know until you two talk. And since you cannot talk unless he finds a way to contact you, then you can either sit around being miserable waiting on a contact that might never come or you can get on with your life and look for someone who is not under the control of his family.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:30 am
I agree with the Rat. Wait and see if he gets out from under the control of his family....then you'll know how important you are in his life.
0 Replies

ZAQWSXCDE

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 01:14 pm
@hopelesslydevoted17,
Hay if your both 18 than the guy can move out and start his own better life (with you) your both adults now and can make your own choices. Did you ever think of trying to talk to his dad, not about your relationship, but just like a normal conversation. Maybe if you impress his father he'll want you in his sons life
0 Replies