JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:45 pm
saying that A2K would make a fabulous sociology thesis. Sometimes it takes a separation to appreciate what's here. Sometimes y'all (ok, only some of you) piss me off so much I vow to leave and never come back again. And, yet… there are people here. They live across the globe. And they are very, very real.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,710 • Replies: 12

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:53 pm
@JPB,
And you are one of the very real folk.

Glad you are back for as long as you can stand it this round. Wink
Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 05:54 pm
It's good to see you back, Boss. I kind of wish you hadn't mentioned Noddy, though. Since we lost her, i've not written about her, nor wished to.
JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:12 pm
@Setanta,
I hear that, Set. Sometimes thinking about the ones who grabbed our asses in a real way is better left alone. And, yet, every once in a while she'll pull me up short. And, I'm not short. Good to see you too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks, bfn. I don't want to make this about me so much as I've realized that there is an us. Old **** dies hard and people get to be real people every now and then.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:24 pm
I often feel discouraged, on here, but the good people I know on a2k keep me coming back for more. I might lie low a few times, but I refuse to leave.
JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
you're a better man than me, edgar. I had to take a major break before realizing that there's a place here for me.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:30 pm
Some of the people here have helped me through the most difficult parts of my life, talking me through things I never had the courage to address with people who knew me in real life. Being anonymous with people who know you well is liberating.

Some of the people here have kept me informed and/or entertained; they made me think hard and made me laugh loud.

It's usually the people I like and respect that piss me off and hurt me the most because even though they don't "know" me, their opinion matters to me.

I ignore a few people here altogether.

As long as A2K is around I'll be posting here.

JPB

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 06:46 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
It's usually the people I like and respect that piss me off and hurt me the most because even though they don't "know" me, their opinion matters to me.

exactly!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 07:49 pm
It's usually the people who have no respect for the posters here who piss me off.

I can't bear to leave here so I make them leave by banning them from my sight.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:45 pm
I remember little of Noddy and was distracted by eBay madness when she passed away. But the fact that Jespah has memorialized her along with timber speaks volumes about her.

A2k is the overlook where, by peering into far off windows, one finds mankind at once the same, yet stirringly different.

Remember what I said when you're wondering whether to adjust the bathroom curtains.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 09:46 pm
http://coyotesaturdaynight.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/full-moon.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:12 pm
@Rockhead,
every 4 weeks
0 Replies