Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 10:52 am
@chai2,
Quote:
900 seems like a lot. I'm just sayin'
It sure does Chai, but I'm just passin' along

See link in OP
Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:14 am
How interesting it is that I'm voted down for posting info from WebMD website. Cripes, how juvenile and misguided a behavior.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:47 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
900 seems like a lot. I'm just sayin'
It sure does Chai, but I'm just passin' along

See link in OP

Just because some people CAN take 900 mg a day, doesn't mean YOU should.

My non-medical advice, stick to the lower dosage.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:50 am
@Ragman,
I fixed you ragman.

Anyway, to dale.

You have a lot of concerns and questions about supplements.

I wholeheartedly advice you find and go to a good nutritionist, who specializes in knowledge of supplements.
Frankly, I think you're playing a risking game basing your dosage on what the interweb, and anyone here may say. We, and the internet don't know your particular needs.

Go see someone who knows and get the right information for you as an individual.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 11:15 am
@roger,
Okay Rog, but described by its maker as "12-hour Time-Release Formula," how long do you suppose one dosage to be significantly effective
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 02:05 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh for Pete's sake, Dale, stop being stupid about this and get the advice of professionals who have the credentials to be dispensing such advice.

If you are not able to handle the task with your aging cognitive abilities, please ask your wife or sons to help you. Shopping for a variety of conflicting answers on the internet is silly and not very helpful for you.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you don't seem to be hearing the same advice given nicely by others.

Please, Dale, you deserve better than this. Ask your family to help you figure this out.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Oh for Pete's sake, Dale, stop being stupid….
Alas Alack
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:13 pm
@dalehileman,
Dale, I don't know what that repsonse means, but I have to agree w/ b-net.

Go....see.....your......doctor.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:19 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Go....see.....your......doctor.
Indeed I'd done so, but when I asked him about dosage of 5-HTP he replied, "I don't even know what that is"
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:20 pm
@dalehileman,
Go see a nutritionist!!!!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 12:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Quote:
…..Dale, stop being stupid about this and get the advice of professionals…..
Thanks for your input But, but except in the emergency case I tend to a skeptical approach. According to one recent study, half of all PM's are misprescribed, just don't work at all. Some observers say over-hyped

Sometimes of course there's no choice, it's the PM or die. However it's paradoxical that the professional leans to the PM with 25 times the side effects, costs 25 times as much as the equivalent OC
chai2

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:48 pm
@dalehileman,
So instead you ask us?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:07 pm
@dalehileman,
What knowledge do you hope to gain here on the internet that you couldn't get via a free consultation with your local pharmacist or herbal supplement vendor?
dalehileman

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 10:21 am
@chai2,
Quote:
So instead you ask us?
Hope against hope Chai. With 100,000 participants there's always that faint hope, one or two might prove expert'
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 10:37 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
What knowledge do you hope to gain here on the internet that you couldn't get via a free consultation with your local pharmacist or herbal supplement vendor?
(a) Probability of prepensed response

How do you like that antiphon, But, for intensive echoic alliteration

(b) I don't get out much
0 Replies

Redbird537

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 07:58 am
@dalehileman,
Though I'm not a medical professional, from what I've understood of medications, it means per day (24 hours). If you take your first dose at 6 am, the next two doses should be spaced 8 hours apart (2 pm and 10 pm). Then you'd start over on the second day. The doses don't have to be spaced that way, as long as you take the 3 doses per 24 hours.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:24 am
@Redbird537,
Red thanks for that observation. Would you agree then that "300 mg 3 times daily" means 900 mg
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 01:05 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
By the way, I was taking HTP, and it was great. I felt almost immediate results.
As I mentioned I've found it takes an hour or two to act. However I wonder how long your find it effective. It seems to me in spite of its 12-hr rating that I begin to droop after about 6 hrs

Quote:
Another good thing to take, before bed, on an empty stomach, is ZMA.
This one apparently is best for sleep and physical prowess whereas I had hoped to find something to relieve the blahs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)
0 Replies