anti-missile defense system cloaked in fraud?

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:36 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,245 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:40 pm
Does this mean the Star Wars system may not be based on good science?!?! Oh, no! I feel so, so...vulnerable somehow... Confused
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:46 pm
Hooey! I was going to put this in. This is a chronologically detailed report I should think would be hard to dispute. I remember reading that during the Desert Storm operation, they discovered that the program was not hitting the scuds at all, so the Israelis developed a deterrent system called the Arrow. Which worked.

Will we be putting billions into this, as promised by this administration, to protect us all from those evil missiles from the sky?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:57 pm
all i can say is "DUCK"
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:24 pm
I take it that's a yes? Where should I duck? I live in one of the most populated states in the 50 (which I've been trying to move out of for years).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:40 pm
TEXAS

MORE TEXAS
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:59 pm
TEXAS=miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:01 pm
And defense bucks, hmmm.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:20 pm
Oh, totally. It's been a bunch of hooey, is a bunch of hooey, and will be a bunch of hooey. Hooey hooey hooey. (I think there must be a dance that goes with this...)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:32 pm
Soz where is Rosie?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:35 pm
Aw heck did she skedaddle AGAIN? This seems to happen fairly often -- I can see her, others can't. I'll try to fix it -- can you left me know in a few minutes (here or via PM) if it worked? Thanks.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:36 pm
OK will do.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 12:04 pm
Will someone give them the coordinates for Crawford TX. Very little to lose in that area.

Star wars should be renamed pie in the sky flaws. Embarrassed
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 01:00 pm
Six (count me out) ABM (anti-ballistic missile) experts on this thread should be able to discover coordinates - never mind, will post them:
N 31 32, W 97 26
<G>
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:12 pm
Meant hooray - not hooey.

Joanne - I have never in my life been to Texas. Nor to Florida. I have, however, been to Istanbul, which I understand could be a target for scud missiles that work.

Even armed with the coordinates, I wouldn't know what to do next.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 03:24 pm
mamajuana

Point and shoot Mr. Green
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 06:46 pm
Apparently there is a working system.
Arrow Missile System - Umbrella of Protection

(DFJ-Nov/Dec '01) Whether launched from land or from the air, missiles aimed at Israel will be met with a vastly different welcome than during the Gulf War. The scrambling for a line of defense against Iraq's Scud attacks is a thing of the past. Israel has found and tested a new anti-missile system that will provide a sense of security for Israel's population.

The Israel Arrow missile defense system continues to prove itself an effective defense against incoming missile attacks. Combined with the Green Pine all-weather radar targeting system for attack fighters, the Arrow forms an umbrella of protection from enemy missiles, particularly the Scud B's and C's used by Syria.

In an August 2001 live testing, the Arrow-2 interceptor successfully shot down a live missile which was dropped from an IAF F-15 fighter jet at high altitude and assumed the flight path of an incoming Scud missile.

Recently the Arrow-2 successfully detected a test launch of a longer-range Scud D by Syria, providing an enhanced safety mechanism for Israel's citizens.

The Arrow-2 is the only operational anti-missile missile system in the world and its components are expected to be used in the planning of the US national missile-defense system.
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 07:11 pm
N. B.: came back and edited a note made by me in this space in the interest of general good humor <G>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 06:02 pm
It may fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. As the saying goes..... c.i.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 07:06 pm
HELEN OF TROY! All this time and I just now noticed the tag line. Welcome, welcome, welcome

akaRoger
0 Replies