Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,147 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:57 am
original copy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:59 pm
Compassionate Conservative. ha, ha..... c.i.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:47 pm
Black light
Legally drunk
Marijuana initiative
Microsoft Works
Plastic glasses
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:48 pm
free gift (okay, it's a redundancy, not an oxymoron...)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:54 pm
Being drunk in itself isn't illegal (or, by my book, wrong).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 01:58 pm
CDK are you sure you are ready to come back stateside, I mean you know how we are about drinking here. Wait I forgot you will be in the military - drink away it is a tradition. Or if in the air force or on a Navy air craft carrier you can choose you pills uppers or downers and drink. What ever you do do not interupt those sleep patterns in the heat of battle.

Military Intelligence
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:09 pm
JD,

I'm already back and detest the overbearing laws here. Disorderly conduct should be illegal, not public drinking.

At a comedy club I was at recently smoking was not allowed so the hordes of smokers headed outside during intermission to light up, I was walking out with my plastic cup of beer in hand when the bouncers stopped me. "This isn't Las Vegas" they said.

San Diego has the worst nightlife I have experienced. I will try Tijuana (sp?) but am already pining for Brazilian nightlife. American nightlife is the oxymoron I submit to this thread, 8 PM is an ungodly hour for nightlife and most bars close at an hour when in Brazil the people are just showing up.

The drinking age helps make for more boring nightlife and since the best time to smoke is when quaffin' the smoking laws also put a damper on the whole outing.

The way the people dress is also less elegant and more platonic. I detest the nightlife here and will have to get my fix in visits to Brazil.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:13 pm
Craven,

I recommend you begin now the transition to Basic. Get up early and run five miles. Lots of pushups. Cut back on drinking, and stay away from smoke of all kinds. Basic will really lay on the physical stress, so be ready for it.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:17 pm
Your in San Diego my old stomping grounds!!! Oh my goddess California is the worst re drinkin and smokin. Try some PB and OB bars.

Of course you will love Tijuana. There is a store in San Yisidro where you can by a carton of tax free ameircan made cigs and some good foreign cigs to they drive you across the border and then you can walk back (completly legal). You can bring on carton of cigs into the US duty free. I think the duty on an extra carton is or was around $2.50.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:43 pm
Giggies sure are expensive!

Ash,

I'm already on it. Should do more and am trying to quit smoking already but am already working out regularly.
0 Replies