Poor Door Apartments

neologist

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 10:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I'd just use the main door and gym anyway, it's not as if security are going to go round asking to check everybody's ID's..Smile
Baldimo wrote:
For someone who is so law and order why violate the rules?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Haha, I'm an ex-convict (3 month vigilante rap in 2002)..Smile
We holy men don't do "rules"-
That could be criminal trespass, Romeo. How much time could you get for that? Do you Brits have scofflaw legislation?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 02:02 pm
New York building with controversial 'poor door' changing design

Retooled plan for 1 West End Ave still involves separate entrances, but all residents now have access to amenities
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 02:15 pm
@ehBeth,
That's why I liked the West Los Angeles YMCA, that is part of why I stayed at the Y in New York City back in 2003.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 03:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Some of the Condos for the wealthy will be sold for $25 million each.

For the non-rich, the Poor Door units are restricted to individuals at or below an income level of $50,000/year ( before taxes). For the "poor" a one bedroom apartment will rent for $850/month and a two bedroom apartment will rent for about $1100/month. The poor will RENT and the RICH will buy.

According to the NYTimes, the Poor Door units are housed in an area distinct from the Rich units. There is ( as far as I can recall ) an attachment that links the poor facility with the rich one, with the Poor being in a 6 floor plan and the rich will be many more floor levels above ground.

Another difference will be the so-called " view" for the poor vs the rich. The poor will look out on a street and the rich will look out at the river.

As far as I know, the exercise facilities for the rich and the poor will be separate and distinct from each other.

If the poor and rich are free to intermingle with each other, either coming and going or even exercising, how many of the $25 million condos will be sold??
Miller

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:39 am
@Miller,
Nice follow-up on "affordable housing" in today's NYTimes.
(Print edition)
0 Replies